Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Interleaving - how long does it take to remove?  (Read 10749 times)

mrk26

• Reg Member
Re: Interleaving - how long does it take to remove?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2019, 10:09:35 PM »

That's true, I was fighting for fastpatch over two months and so far so good two weeks on fast patch. I had few modem reboots and is still there.  :cool:

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2020, 09:22:30 AM »

I am the next victim of this new DLM :(

had some ES way below the old limit, question is will I escape its graft without intervention?

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2020, 04:07:09 PM »

You need wait and see, is your line on G.inp?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2020, 08:03:01 PM »

You need wait and see, is your line on G.inp?
i wish, its heaviest interleaving ive ever had on vdsl, circa 14ms delay added for 500 one off ES

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2020, 10:05:10 PM »

You can always cap your line to make it more stable.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2020, 10:36:18 PM »

You can always cap your line to make it more stable.

Not sure the new DLM pays much attention to that either.  I tried relaxing my Plusnet line and it wouldn't get rid of interleaving until I got into the g.INP trial.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2020, 10:37:22 PM »

I have had 2 ES in the past day, its about as stable as it will get.

The line to be honest is typically stable from day to day, it was only a moderate amount of noise that came from nowhere, and the old DLM wouldnt have taken action.

I agree with kitz that this new DLM is too sensitive.

The delay value is 1401, to those in the know I dont know how heavy that is, but the latency is pretty big from 8ms to 24ms.  The interleaved I had on the default was much lighter only an addition 8ms instead of 16ms.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 10:40:16 PM by Chrysalis »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2020, 03:49:45 AM »

>> The delay value is 1401,

That is the interleaving depth not delay.   
Openreach uses INP [on the ECIs] to control Error Protection. When using INP, the D value is the number of bits in the data block and this can change depending upon your bit load.  Thus that figure could change just by performing a resync.

See Impulse Noise Protection (INP)   

The total number of bits in a DMT symbol can vary depending upon how many bits are contained in each sub-carrier bin.  For example tone 40 may have sufficient SNR to load 14 bits, whilst tone 400 may only contain 5 bits.  The number of bits carried in each bin is called a symbol.

Using our above example tone with 14 bits and an INP value of 3, then the system must ensure that sufficient error protection is applied to ensure recovery of 42 bits of contiguous data for that particular tone.

The figures you need to be looking at are these in your full stats.

Code: [Select]
                        Bearer 0
INP:            3.00            0.00
INPRein:        0.00            0.00
delay:          8               0

INP = 3 is Interleave low, giving an additional delay of 8ms.   The other setting they use is INP=4 Interleave High

Actually I notice from your stats that the D value is now 1409, so your bit load must have changed slightly 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2020, 05:38:34 AM »

ok thanks kitz, maybe there is other reasons as well for the larger jump in latency.

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2020, 08:44:05 AM »

Since the changes it has been taking 10-14 days to remove interleaving from my ECI line.  That is even averaging very low daily ES <10 and usually <5 after the event. 

Have never tried capping line as concerned if I had another event I could end up with a perma cap based on my user cap settings that I can't get rid of.

It is very sensitive to adding interleaving and complete opposite to removing it.

Touch wood I am on the longest run of fastpath for quite some months even though I had a ES scare a couple of weeks ago. 

No idea why it didn't add interleaving the new DLM criteria is just madness in my opinion.  I am praying Ginp does eventually come to ECI cabinets.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2020, 10:33:45 AM »

If the ES spike happened on a bunch of users on the cabinet at the same time, then it may have been detected as a wide area event.

mrk26

• Reg Member
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2020, 10:45:26 AM »

Since the changes it has been taking 10-14 days to remove interleaving from my ECI line.  That is even averaging very low daily ES <10 and usually <5 after the event. 

Have never tried capping line as concerned if I had another event I could end up with a perma cap based on my user cap settings that I can't get rid of.

It is very sensitive to adding interleaving and complete opposite to removing it.

Touch wood I am on the longest run of fastpath for quite some months even though I had a ES scare a couple of weeks ago. 

No idea why it didn't add interleaving the new DLM criteria is just madness in my opinion.  I am praying Ginp does eventually come to ECI cabinets.
In past I was waiting for over 15 days and nothing didn't changed on my line, cap line was only solution to go back on fast path even that line was very stable with low amount of errors. Few weeks back I changed modems from eci to vigor 2760, next day totally interleaved, so cap line on zyxel, after 3 days fast path back on upstream, next 3 days fast path back on upstream, swapped back to vigor and still on fast patch. Every line perform different, this is what I learned from this forum  ;)

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2020, 12:27:50 PM »

I have had 2 ES in the past day, its about as stable as it will get.

The line to be honest is typically stable from day to day, it was only a moderate amount of noise that came from nowhere, and the old DLM wouldnt have taken action.

I agree with kitz that this new DLM is too sensitive.

The delay value is 1401, to those in the know I dont know how heavy that is, but the latency is pretty big from 8ms to 24ms.  The interleaved I had on the default was much lighter only an addition 8ms instead of 16ms.

Can you post your stats?
xdslcmd info --stats if possible

I've only every seen 8ms or 16ms delay added with Interleaving.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2020, 12:45:54 PM »

@J0hn the link to Chrys's line stats are in his sig, which is how I got these from in my post above and also noticed the D value is now 1409.

Bearer 0

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2020, 02:31:24 PM »

@J0hn the link to Chrys's line stats are in his sig, which is how I got these from in my post above and also noticed the D value is now 1409.

Bearer 0

Thanks I'm going blind  :D
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6