Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Question regarding dslchecker.bt.com attainable speeds  (Read 2977 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Question regarding dslchecker.bt.com attainable speeds
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2021, 09:25:43 PM »

I very much doubt it will make a difference.  We've already seen two different modems get similar results and the SNR implies its running flat out.  For whatever reason, that's all the line is capable of, just as my own second line gets 10Mbit less than my first one at 6dB.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

btjtaylor

Re: Question regarding dslchecker.bt.com attainable speeds
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 09:26:18 AM »

Thanks for the advice all

It's probably not worth the hassle and expense of getting a Broadcom router so I'll just leave it for now

I'm getting 40.02mbps on speedtest.net this morning and the connection passes my "real world" tests at least - I can stream 4K content from my Apple TV 4K box at a level where it's not easily discernable from a 4K Blu Ray (I did a side by side comparison with some titles I have on both formats). I had to really be standing up close to the TV to notice any extra compression etc on the ATV4K.

The only thing thats annoying me at the moment is i'm paying extra per month for 43mbit over 40mbit! Thinking I should just move down to a 40mbit service and save a few quid every month ... but the lunatic in me doesn't want to lose that extra 3mb :D
Pages: 1 [2]