Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: keyboard delay rate speed software needed  (Read 5584 times)

Zanoma

keyboard delay rate speed software needed
« on: July 03, 2008, 12:55:17 AM »

Hi folks

I was wondering if there are any programs on the web that can control  keyboard rate and the delay sort of like what a macro can do. Except with a macro as far as am aware of needs to be turned on and turned off what i want to do is not so much change the delay but when i hold down a key tell my system how meny times in ms to repeat
the key.

are there any programs out there for that of can macros work like that ???

cheers Alan.

dave.m

• Kitizen
Re: keyboard delay rate speed software needed
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 04:41:23 PM »

Alan,
What OS are you using?
In XP go to Control Panel -> Printers & Other Hardware -> Keyboard. Is that the type of settings you want to set up?
dave

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:39:15 PM »

Dave, in XP it's just control panel / keyboard.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Zanoma

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 08:22:51 PM »

Is that the type of settings you want to set up?

Na, but I no were your coming from,  it's sort of like what i wanna do but 100x faster thats why i use a example of what a macro can do.

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 12:32:21 AM »

'Tis in Classic but in Category you have to go to Printers and other hardware first.

I always point people that way because if it is a newbie and I pointed them to Keyboard and they were set to Category View they would be scratching their head (or somewhere else if they worked for PCW  :lol: ) looking for a sign saying Keyboard.

dave  ;)

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 12:33:50 AM »

Zanoma,
Sorry it was not what you wanted but someone may have a suggestion. Just watch this space.
dave

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 01:18:34 AM »

I'm not aware of anything that would do that direct from the keyboard since key control parameters are:
~ Initial delay before repeat (in ms)
~ Repeat rate (no of repeats per second) - note the important difference being no of repeats per second that the key is still depressed -  and not the actual number of repeats.

A macro is (usually) part of a larger program and works by recording actions for within that program. The problem with that though would be that you would need to assing one macro to do say 10xA and another to do 10xB etc.

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do and achieve and for what reason..... and therefore if a stand-alone macro recorder may help - eg Jitbit.

PowerPro which is free may be worth looking at
http://powerpro.webeddie.com/
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 01:22:47 AM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Zanoma

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 04:00:04 AM »

Just so I understand this a little better about what a macro is correct me if am wrong ! a macrco can record input from keyboard or mouse actions so it's basically a script really, so can that be assigned to a spacific  key in order achieve what am trying to do or will there have to be two keys so one for on and the other for off ? can it just be bound to 1 key ?

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 05:42:00 AM »

'Tis in Classic but in Category you have to go to Printers and other hardware first.

I always point people that way because if it is a newbie and I pointed them to Keyboard and they were set to Category View they would be scratching their head (or somewhere else if they worked for PCW  :lol: ) looking for a sign saying Keyboard.

dave  ;)

Sorry I got it wrong again.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »

Before I start - Ive never used a stand alone macro recorder.. and the macros Ive used in the past have always been part of another program eg Excel or a graphics prog such as photoshop.

Looking at Powerpro though its a nice handy little app which Ive actually grabbed myself for future exploration when I get time.

>> a macrco can record input from keyboard or mouse actions so it's basically a script really, so can that be assigned to a spacific  key

Yes sorta..  but you have to remember that the program that controls the macros has to be running at the same time, since it is the program that actually controls the assignment to perform the action.
You then have to assign a "shortcut" for the macro... which could perhaps be a shortcut within the prog or a shortcut from your desktop or a keycombo.
Unfort I dont have time to explore powerpro right now so I dont know if it fully can, but short of someone specifically writing a program for what youre trying to do, its possibly about the best thing to look at
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Zanoma

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 02:47:04 PM »

The reason I wanted to no was for gaming reason mainly problem being latency. I play alot of fps games online I use my keyboard for weapon changing etc sometimes I get a delay I no its not hardware side,  the plan was to use that to speed things up a little, but was not sure on how that actually worked but am sort of seeing what you saying you record the action and play it back with a binded key but was not sure if you would need two keys to stop the action from repeating.

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 08:34:34 AM »

Unless things have changed drastically in the world of FPS, then binding keys to sequences of actions is considered cheating and will get you kickbanned from most servers. Binding keys to discrete actions is of course normal, but macros are cheating.
* rizla used to run 2x32 player Barryservers with LOT, Spikey, Arathrael, jonH (and others) many moons ago :)

Zanoma

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 11:05:39 PM »

There are meny things that are classed as cheating but in my view if you can improve you performance then so be it aslong as its not a aimbot wallhack or client hook etc.
For a example using programs like rivatuner or nhancer atuner ATitool etc   to stable you fps some ppl think thats cheating but its not its just about performance

just depens on how you look at it

anything