Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Does anyone have an email address for the royal mail?  (Read 698 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Does anyone have an email address for the royal mail?
« on: November 10, 2019, 01:40:50 PM »

I'm planning on sending an important letter to the US within the next week. I want to be able to check that its been delivered, and also signed for.

I noticed that the royal mail site has 2 listed services for this, posted here: https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52

In particular;

International Tracked & Signed*
International Tracked
International Signed*

But if you noticed there is a * symbol and when I scroll down the page it says this;

*A signature is taken on delivery. However, we don't provide a copy of the signature to you as part of the service and it's not available to view online.

So if I ordered the International Tracked & Signed, or the International Signed, what is the point of the signed part if I don't get to see it?

When I was googling I noticed other people who regularly sell Amazon items abroad and used those services all complained of not being able to recieve a signature, so I'm thinking they haven't read the small print.

I'm just wondering why do they take a signature yet not display it to the customer? What is the purpose of taking a signature?
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Does anyone have an email address for the royal mail?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 04:00:08 PM »

Seems to me it would be very difficult to always provide an online copy of foreign delivery as they have very little control over the final delivery agents.  In the UK, Royal Mail can use handheld electronic gadgets that instantly upload the digital copy, but in foreign parts it may just be a signature on paper.

I would hope that if you requested to see the signature you would be able to do so but if it only exists on paper then it might take a while to recover it, hence not really integrated into the online service.

Just guessing, though. :)

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Does anyone have an email address for the royal mail?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 11:27:49 PM »

No probs, glad you found that helpful. :)