Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DSLSTATS with XRDP/SSH/SCP/FTP For Raspberry Pi 32Bit and 64Bit Raspbian OS  (Read 5875 times)

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
Re: DSLSTATS with XRDP/SSH/SCP/FTP For Raspberry Pi 32Bit and 64Bit Raspbian OS
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2019, 10:29:51 PM »

You're doing a fine job, thank you.
No problem, I am simply giving back to the community after getting help by the community. Also made the images more New user friendly. So hopefully everyone enjoys the work. Now time to start work on my Linksys WRT32X firmware.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2019, 12:15:26 PM »

@kitz I take it history.php just needs the PHP7.3 installed and it will work? as that was the only thing not added to them images as i never had used that before. If i can find out how to get that running nicely then i will add them to the newer images when i have time to make them and upload them.

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2019, 06:47:24 PM »

You have done a sterling job so far with the images 10 mins and everything is running. Thankyou

RTouris

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2019, 12:25:02 PM »

So in testing this aarch64 image and comparing it to the latest armv7l buster available on a RPi4/4GB I bumped into something that got me thinking and has to do with the display manager...Could someone shed some light as to why when DSLstats fetches the modem's data process /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg :0 -seat -seat0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0 -nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch also spikes up to the full duration of the fetch command? In actual fact it does so disproportionally to the actual DSLstats app in that it consumes far more CPU cycles than the app...Having both UIs actually hidden / minimised It appears as if Xorg hogging the CPU is somewhat irrelevant or is it something I'm missing?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 12:27:17 PM by RTouris »

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2019, 02:04:21 PM »

It might be because the aarch64 image was basically the same as the 32bit image just with a 64bit kernel added after. Which means xorg is more then likely still a 32bit package.

Both images was updated to the latest versions and the original Is was the latest from the raspi downloads page.

The 64bit kernel version uses the same amount of CPU usage as the 32bit version when dslstats is running and mine on both images hit 26% usage on Raspi 3B+. It also could be how XRDP was compiled as well to insure it works with Microsoft's RDP

RTouris

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2019, 06:29:46 PM »

It might be because the aarch64 image was basically the same as the 32bit image just with a 64bit kernel added after. Which means xorg is more then likely still a 32bit package.

Both images was updated to the latest versions and the original Is was the latest from the raspi downloads page.

The 64bit kernel version uses the same amount of CPU usage as the 32bit version when dslstats is running and mine on both images hit 26% usage on Raspi 3B+. It also could be how XRDP was compiled as well to insure it works with Microsoft's RDP

Seeing the same behaviour on both the 32-bit and 64-bit Raspbian platforms is somewhat expected...what's not expected -and in effect what I can't explain- is why the Xorg display manager consumes so much more cycles than the actual app...

Surely having DSLstats fetch data every 60'' or so "only" appears to push one core to at about 35-40% for a few seconds, however according to htop that's also accompanied by Xorg pushing another core to apprx. 65-80%, which surely doesn't appear normal at all (?)...In a DSLstats test installation I'm currently running on a new RPi4 for testing purposes over the course of the last 2 days I'm seeing 5h CPU time for DSLstats in htop and 11h for Xorg...(?)

I'd be inclined to install a 64-bit Ubuntu distro that came out recently for the Rapsi and testing it out if only I had the time to do so...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 06:32:01 PM by RTouris »
Pages: 1 [2]

anything