Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: (Mediatek) manual_pms and fake_pms  (Read 1750 times)

moamenmma

• Just arrived
(Mediatek) manual_pms and fake_pms
« on: October 25, 2019, 02:07:15 AM »

Hello guys , i am from outside UK but i am asking about cli commands in ZTE H168N ( Mediatek chip )
In my country and the command ( wan vdsl2 set manual_pms on ) is working with most of people but for me the modem can't resync while using that command , is there a method or a command that can help to make the line resync while the manual pms is on ?
I can know that my cabinet accepts the commands because i can change my snrmargin abd even change channel type in adsl but in vdsl it doesn't work
And i can't find any info about ( wan vdsl2 set fake_pms on ) command while it's in my modem
And any info about the SOS would be really appreciated :)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: (Mediatek) manual_pms and fake_pms
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 06:02:55 AM »

Regarding your first question, is this post helpful?
    https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,23222.msg394079.html#msg394079

And welcome to the forum!  ;D

moamenmma

• Just arrived
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 10:49:25 AM »

Regarding your first question, is this post helpful?
    https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,23222.msg394079.html#msg394079

And welcome to the forum!  ;D

Thx for your help , i already have the router and from search in my country exchange cabinets i found that there is 3 sets of profiles and my profiles that in the cabinet seems like not responding to the manual_pms and not resyncing and i am trying to find a solution to make it resyinc in manual_pms because if i could make that i will be able to change the channel type to fastpath ( i have 30ms interleave delay thx to my isp ) and even change the actual rate of my connection
I already tried to search about the SOS and fake_pms but there is no useful search results in google

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 02:22:54 AM »

I suspect that you are aware though that interleave may be a necessity for your line if certain types of interference are present, and without interleave, performance may be reduced because of corrupted packets. I am not much help because I’m not familiar with these terms, but someone will probably recognise them.

As for interleave; I have 37ms or 48ms ping time, depending on which tester I use, and that is with interleave, but I am using mere ADSL2 at 3.0/0.5 Mbps sync rate not VDSL2 like yourself. Also geography adds delay too; I am in North West Scotland, 1000km from London and the light travel time over that distance plus number of hops adds to the time it takes to get to my ISP’s routers in London.