Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Problems with iOS Colloquy IRC app  (Read 5443 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Problems with iOS Colloquy IRC app
« on: October 21, 2019, 01:35:00 AM »

I am using the app Colloquy on iPad and I have a bug since iOS 13 - yes that again. When chatting and you enter a line of text or someone else posts a response the window showing the chat doesn’t auto-scroll up any more - new text is clipped off at the bottom all the time unless you pull the window up by hand and make it scroll, it doesn’t auto-scroll properly any more.

I have no idea how to report a bug - I can’t see any contact details nor a form for bug reporting; all I can find is a list of bugs old and new

I have another problem where I keep getting prompted for some password but I have no idea why nor what it’s for - something about identify network services - or similar, I forget the exact text of the prompt. I’d like to get some support for that too, but I have no idea how

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Problems with iOS Colloquy IRC app
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 09:47:34 AM »

It’s been a while since I uploaded any Apps.   As far as i recall...

When submitting an iOS App for publication, the developer must provide a support URL, wherein they are supposed to provide a means for customers to make contact. 

I don’t know to what extent Apple’s review team actually validate the support URL, or confirm it really does contain contact info.  In my case, you simply land on a fairly basic web page that includes a support@ email address.

I think the support URL is normally visible in the App store listing, as an ‘App Support’ link though - not sure-  to see that link, you may have to be logged in, with the Apple Id you used to download.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 11:52:42 AM »

Thanks I looked at that page in the Apple store for the individual colloquy iOS app, as you said. I couldn’t see an email address but there was a link to a developer’s website. Took me to here http://colloquy.info/project/wiki/MobileFAQs - however I am lost in this site, can’t find where to get support, nor how to report a bug. I can see listings of bug reports, but I want some handholding from a human really.

It’s just a straight bug, the non auto-scrolling, which wasn’t there before iPadOS 13, I feel sure, and I’ve never encountered any problem like this in the past, so I just need a fix quick, as the non-scrolling is making it a nightmare to use.

There’s a ‘how to file a bug’ and a link to ‘file a ticket’ and then it’s ERROR_FORBIDDEN and that’s the end of the story.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 12:00:23 PM by Weaver »

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 12:46:41 PM »

To be clear, when I said...

In my case, you simply land on a fairly basic web page that includes a support@ email address.

... I simply meant that, in the case of the Apps that I publish, the support URL that I provide is a basic html page containing an email contact.   I didn’t mean to suggest that I had seen an email contact for the App in question.

I think all Apps need to provide the support URL, and I’m pretty sure that URL is meant to provide some means of contacting the developer.   But the actual means of contact is up to the developer, it might be email, or a web form, or social media,  or....   etc.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 08:45:31 PM »

No I understood :) you, didn’t read too much into your post.  ;D

These developers have made it very confusing. Perhaps want to discourage people pestering them.