Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Grrr … devils  (Read 1513 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Grrr … devils
« on: October 17, 2019, 10:20:00 PM »

Someone, maybe Buidheag or maybe Somhairle has peed in Janet’s bed while I was asleep. I was fast asleep all day and Janet was greeted with a horrible surprise when she got in bed.

Why do these animals do such things? There is a litter tray in the bathroom next door. Perhaps it was because the tray wasn’t sufficiently clean, which it wasn’t. But maybe they are just beyond understanding.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
Re: Grrr … devils
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 10:45:07 PM »

Because trey regard us as “staff” and whatever that means. Most uncomfortable but who would be without them. Our eldest is now a “tripod” cat having lost a leg due cancer. He is really mobile but occasionally can’t do what he could ! But can any of us with an equivalent age of 80 !

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 10:47:13 PM »

Oops . . .  :-X
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 10:49:51 PM »

My own cat, just once, during kitten hood, pooped in an inappropriate place, the upstairs landing.   I found it when I hot home from work.   I started to scold her, but the poor creature was just cowering in the corner, looking terribly ashamed and embarrassed .   

I eventually realised, that was the first time I’d even seen her upstairs, without having carried her myself.   I had an open-tread hardwood staircase and it turned out, she had simply reached a threshold of growth that had enabled her to climb the stairs, but not to descend again.  She’d been stuck up there for hours, and she’d got caught short!

I decided to spare her embarrassment, to quietly clean it up, and never to mention it again.    It was a few more weeks before she ventured upstairs again but by that time, she was able to climb back down too.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:55:10 PM by sevenlayermuddle »

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 11:48:12 PM »

Buidheag is just over ten years old and Somhairle must be two years old about now. Somhairle just doesn’t seem to ‘get it’. And Buidheag seems to not want to go outside these day; could be because she is very frightened of Tom. But she has two litter trays so doesn’t need to be caught ought.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 12:30:14 AM »

My large woolly socks just fell off the bedpost in my bedroom and on to the floor. Right in front of Janet, Buidheag went over to the socks and peed on them. What on Earth is going on? Frightened of meeting Tom maybe?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 01:04:30 AM »

SHe's obviously unhappy about something.     There can be medical reasons why, but to do it under the circumstances you described above infers to me that was a deliberate action rather than being caught short.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 01:07:41 AM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 01:53:33 AM »

Buidheag is incredibly fussy and seems very very happy. Since my Caoimhe, my continual bed companion and little sneezy sweetheart died, she is no longer permanently in the crook of my arm and Buidheag has moved in instead; with delight Buidheag keeps coming to visit me in bed asking for fuss and occasionally wanting cat treats. So she seems extremely happy - in fact much more so for good reasons. I think she has a big problem with Tom though and Janet says that Buidheag is frightened to go into the pantry downstairs where the cat door is and near where the main food bowls are. There is always a supply of cat crunches in a dish on a shelf by my bed and all the cats apart from Tom use it constantly when they are upstairs. Tom came to cuddle me in bed for many hours on Tuseday afternoon, until we both fell asleep, but I haven’t seen him since. So he is about. But he is not in Buidheag’s way. When she is not fussing round me she is often asleep curled up in Ciarán’s upstairs dogbed in my bedroom, something Ciarán is dismayed about.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2019, 04:18:19 PM »

Buidheag has moved in instead; with delight Buidheag keeps coming to visit me in bed asking for fuss and occasionally wanting cat treats.

Then.

Tom came to cuddle me in bed for many hours on Tuseday afternoon,

Wonder if she could smell his scent on the bed and attempting to mark what she now sees as her rightful domain since Caoimhe died.
Thinking about it, a male cat will usually spray to mark territory - female cats cant do that so wonder if that's why she's doing a full pee where it is going to be noticeable by you.    Cat's are weird creatures, gawd knows what they are thinking at times. 

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2019, 02:06:06 AM »

That’s a very good point indeed.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2019, 02:24:50 AM »

Cat's are weird creatures, gawd knows what they are thinking at times.

You say that as if humans make perfect sense.  :lol:
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

anything