Announcements > News Articles

Scotland R100 news

<< < (2/6) > >>

aesmith:
I'm sceptical myself.  The checker now says for my address ..

--- Quote ---Your connection will be delivered after the end of 2021. Based on the current engineering schedule your address is in scope to receive its superfast connection in 2025.
--- End quote ---
However with all the previous quotes and comments about individual addresses not being commercially viable, I will believe it when I see it.  As it stands I just can't see them running nearly 1000m of fibre just to serve one property.

gt94sss2:

--- Quote from: aesmith on September 11, 2021, 06:03:29 PM ---As it stands I just can't see them running nearly 1000m of fibre just to serve one property.

--- End quote ---

Remember that the R100 is a state funded BDUK type scheme -  so it doesn't have to be commercially viable. Having said that, there are going to be some properties they don't bother with.

gt94sss2:

--- Quote ---The Scottish Government has unveiled an extension of their existing £600m Reaching 100% (R100) contract with BT (Openreach), which will see a further £36m being invested to cover an additional 2,637 rural properties with a gigabit-capable Fibre-to-the-Premises (FTTP) based broadband ISP network. But completion is now 2028!

--- End quote ---

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/08/scotland-unveil-36m-extension-of-r100-fibre-broadband-rollout.html

noddy:
I'll not be holding my breath or putting any bets on when I get this ;)

Black Sheep:

--- Quote from: noddy on August 19, 2022, 07:55:47 PM ---I'll not be holding my breath or putting any bets on when I get this ;)

--- End quote ---

Neither should anybody else .... regardless of where they live .... and I count myself in that, too.

It happens when it happens.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version