Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any info on Bracknell GFast rollout?  (Read 762 times)

biohead

Re: Any info on Bracknell GFast rollout?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2019, 08:18:59 AM »

So, there has been a slight twist to this story somewhat...

I originally opted for TalkTalk and their FTTC service. For whatever reason, their system won't allow them to add what they call the "Fibre Boost" to my address, which caps me to 40/10 (I'd really benefit from the greater uploads). They have agreed to waive any exit fees, so I went to look for an ISP that could offer it.

Sky are now showing as Ultrafast 1 available for my address, estimating speeds at around 145mbps. The BT DSL checker still shows no availability at all - so I'm not sure where they are pulling this info from. I have ordered, and I shall keep you updated! I'm kind of expecting it to get cancelled at some point, but I'll play it out first!

re0

• Reg Member
Re: Any info on Bracknell GFast rollout?
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2019, 10:41:03 PM »

I think it's probably a quirk of Sky's system. I would be very surprised if it progresses and the install gets booked for install.

If it progresses and the speed is below their estimates they sent you, then you should be fine to just leave.

I think the case here is that it will get cancelled, as you have expected. There is no record of G.fast being possible for your address/line from what I can gather.
Pages: 1 [2]