Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Technomate RF HD Digital Modulator  (Read 3820 times)

tiffy

• Kitizen
Technomate RF HD Digital Modulator
« on: October 06, 2019, 05:01:39 PM »

Anyone had any experience with RF HD Digital Modulators ?

Have just fitted a Technomate TM-RF HD IR Modulator on my home system to re-transmit a Humax FreeView PVR to the other TV's via the existing terrestrial aerial distribution system.
Very easy to set up, video and audio quality excellent, however, initially appeared to be faulty, exibited 4  to 5 second random drop outs of sound and/or video on both HDMI re-transmission to the local TV and RF output to remote TV's, improved after some time on line and now after 2 days of constant power up is 100% solid.
A short power cycle reboot does not re-produce the original issue.

Unfortunately the remote IR control function does not work through my system distribution amplifier, not the fault of the unit, have managed a work around to one remote TV until I investigate a replacement for the distribution amplifier.

Support from Technomate unfortunately is non-existant, e-mail's ignored, a well known issue I believe.
Question being, should I accept the unit as now being fully functional or request a replacement or even a refund considering the prospect of very poor or more likely non-existant product support ?

There are alternative makes available at similar cost but not with as good a specification for my particular application but possibly with better support available should this be required.

Purchase was from Amazon direct so would imagine that a replacement or full refund would not be an issue.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

tiffy

• Kitizen
Re: Technomate RF HD Digital Modulator
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 08:30:19 AM »

For anyone interested:

After a consultation with Amazon tech. help chat line, the op actually rang Technomat and myself & patched us together which I thought was good service.
Further to a talk with Technomat, it was agreed that the unit did appear to be faulty and a replacement was arranged by Amazon which arrived 2 days later.

So far the replacement unit has been rock solid, very pleased with the performance, the faulty unit has been back loaded to Amazon at no cost to myself, pre-paid label provided which just had to be printed out.

Technomate did eventually respond to my original e-mail request for tech. assistance, to be fair to them the reply was stuck in my on line "live.co.uk" trash folder which I don't readly see as I use use Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail agent on my desktop PC..
Was advised by Technomate that on line warranty registration, which I found did not work, was no longer required.

I intend to buy a further Technomate modulator, the cheaper version with no HDMI re-transmission or IR remote control support for use on my CCTV system to transmit camera outputs to all TV's on a selected channel, the modulators can be chained together provided they have a different ID and use a different channel.

It would appear that I was unlucky in receiving a faulty unit in the first instance, however, I can't fault Amazon support in this aspect of their business despite my recent rantings on another forum post with respect to their non-prime deliver service.     

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 10:03:14 AM »

the reply was stuck in my on line "live.co.uk" trash folder which I don't readly see as I use use Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail agent on my desktop PC..

Why don't you see it? When emails arrive in my spam folder I they show as new unread emails in my Thunderbird with the folder changing colour.

(You are using IMAP not POP3 in Thunderbird I hope!)
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 09:03:27 PM »

Why don't you see it? When emails arrive in my spam folder I they show as new unread emails in my Thunderbird with the folder changing colour.

(You are using IMAP not POP3 in Thunderbird I hope!)

On checking my Thunderbird settings I am using pop3 not IMAP on my live.co.uk e-mail accounts.
Should I change to IMAP, if so how ?

Have just been periodically logging on to my live.co.uk accounts outwith Thunderbird and checking the junk folders.

Would changing to IMAP make server spam notifications work or would other configuration changes be required ?

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 10:40:09 PM »

You have to set up the account from scratch. When you've done that you'll see all the folders that you see via other routes and all mail actions will be replicated across all methods you use to access the mailbox. So for example, if you delete an email via Thunderbird it will disappear from viewing the mailbox via a web client and vice versa.

When a new email is put in to the spam folder you'll see the unread message count increment on that folder.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 10:45:18 PM by jelv »
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

anything