Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Windows Update KB4524147 Causing Problems  (Read 4144 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Windows Update KB4524147 Causing Problems
« on: October 05, 2019, 11:17:12 AM »

If you can delay installing update KB4524147 I'd advise it. Apparently it was released to fix a printing problem, but is causing printers now not to work properly due to the spool process shutting down, start menu's not working, and in some cases pc's either not booting or being stuck at 100% updating. My own situation is I now have an 'a-volute 3d sound expert' security pop up when I boot up the computer.

I think its time the non-game players need to move to Linux. I think that would shock microsoft in to start re-hiring testers before they push out these buggy updates. It seems massive bugs are left unchecked even in these regular smaller updates these days.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

fat jez

Re: Windows Update KB4524147 Causing Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 08:33:18 AM »

Along with KB4515384, which breaks my network adaptors (Intel I211 and KillerNic).

Even worse, if I create a new install usb, it includes these by default and they can’t be removed as they are part of the build.
Zen G.fast 330/50

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 12:26:32 PM »

Games is only reason I am still on windows, linux desktop is a very smooth experience.

We even have youtubers publicly wishing vulkan was successful now, so many people I think hate directx due to the way it ties people to windows.

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 06:14:46 PM »

Interestingly this update applied itself to my desktop PC but is sitting as 'Optional' on one of my laptops (I haven't checked the other one yet).
It doesn't appear to have caused any issues on the desktop, but with the reports going around I'm going to refrain from installing it on my laptop for the time being.
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 01:11:03 PM »

Interestingly this update applied itself to my desktop PC but is sitting as 'Optional' on one of my laptops (I haven't checked the other one yet).
It doesn't appear to have caused any issues on the desktop, but with the reports going around I'm going to refrain from installing it on my laptop for the time being.
 :)

Yes thats how it showed up for me at first, as optional. Then it suddenly installed it. For me it caused my asus application Sonic Suite to start asking for permission at start up. Based off what I've read its something to do with the software behind it, Nahimic, which seems to be an alternative to realtek drivers, though the suite uses them both. I know Alienware have a similar program to sonic suite and they are having the same issue.

I got around the popups by going to the program thats asking for permission and set it to run as administrator. It fixes the issue, at least for the pop-ups.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 09:37:10 PM »

there are lot of problems with windows 10 lately that's because they are outsourcing  everything now a days
VDSL FTTC 35/18

anything