Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Headless Pi - dslstats lightweight alternative?  (Read 1879 times)

cancunia

Headless Pi - dslstats lightweight alternative?
« on: September 27, 2019, 09:24:16 AM »

I've been using dslstats to monitor my TT HG533 router and find that it's doing what I need on my Linux Laptop, in fact it's very good. My problem comes to doing something similar on my old Pi B for a 24/7 operation. I have got dslstats running on the Pi, but afaik it needs a GUI desktop & a VNC or similar remote access to start the program & keep it running, these are both consuming a lot of memory and perhaps CPU.
Is there a command line alternative without the GUI, but collects data and possibly publishes web pages that I can access via the webserver I have on the Pi?
I'm sure I saw something on here that looked like it might be what I'm looking for, but can't find it now.

Thanks

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: Headless Pi - dslstats lightweight alternative?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 09:40:53 AM »

Welcome to the forum cancunia.

I've not tried this myself but hopefully this topic will assist - https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=22984.0
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

cancunia

Re: Headless Pi - dslstats lightweight alternative?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 09:46:06 AM »

Thanks for the welcome & quick reply tubaman.
Unfortunately, I can't see any way of running dslstats without the GUI environment.
I did find the other thread I was looking for just a couple of minutes ago, and have replied to it.

If anyone know of  alternatives, please let me know.

Thanks