Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Dog food  (Read 479 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Dog food
« on: September 20, 2019, 09:33:49 PM »

Somhairle is now only eating dog food (wet tinned meaty food, not dry food) and he refuses all cat food. He is happy even if it is served in his own cat bowl; it no longer has to be stolen out of Ciarán’s  bowl. When Janet caught him trying to get into Ciarán’s food under the poor dog’s nose, she out a stop to it straight away in case the dog should bite Somhairle.

What on earth is that all about? I’ve never ever seen such a thing, not in the last 50+ years.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Dog food
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 12:07:45 AM »

I can't explain the thought processes occurring within Somhairle's mind but I do remember a Garfield cartoon from many years ago . . .

[Frame one.] Odie, the dog, was sitting patiently, with tail twitching, watching his master, Lyman, emptying a tin of dog food being into his (Odie's) bowl. Garfield, currently in the background, approaches.

[Frame two.] Garfield, now sitting alongside Odie, asks: "You know what goes into dog food, don't you?" Garfield pauses for a moment and then continues: "Lizard lips and pre-chewed gristle."

[Frame three.] Odie, now in the background, is running in the general direction of away whilst emitting a plaintive "Yip." Garfield, with both cheeks bulging, whilst chewing has a thought bubble containing the words: "Waste not want not."

:D
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.