Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: very high ping to gateway  (Read 1601 times)

neil

• Reg Member
very high ping to gateway
« on: October 02, 2019, 11:46:27 PM »

hi

I am from Pakistan and i am facing issue of high ping to gateway every night between 8PM and 11PM. Can you please help me identify the issue is it because of bandwidth of msag or is it high ping during peak hours or something else. I will really appreciate for any help.
If you need more data to help me identify the issue please let me know.
I am attaching ping plotter screenshot of dns server 1.1.1.1 at 9:50PM and normal ping to dns server.
And also attaching speed test screenshot with normal ping and high ping. 
VDSL FTTC 35/18

neil

• Reg Member
Re: very high ping to gateway
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 11:47:57 PM »

here speed test with high ping
VDSL FTTC 35/18

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 12:23:59 AM »

It could be congestion if it occurs each evening.   Whilst your speeds look similar, it could be masked due to the fact most speedtesters use multiple threads.

You could try grabbing a single file to download and see what speed a tool such as Netmeter Evo or DUMeter records for your throughput speed.   
TBB also has a speedtest which checks both single and multiple streams.   If the speed is much lower on the single speed then it could well indicated congestion.

http://labs.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/
You need to click the button at bottom left [results page] to get a graphic that can be posted on forums.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 12:47:10 AM »

It could be congestion if it occurs each evening.   Whilst your speeds look similar, it could be masked due to the fact most speedtesters use multiple threads.

You could try grabbing a single file to download and see what speed a tool such as Netmeter Evo or DUMeter records for your throughput speed.   
TBB also has a speedtest which checks both single and multiple streams.   If the speed is much lower on the single speed then it could well indicated congestion.

http://labs.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/
You need to click the button at bottom left [results page] to get a graphic that can be posted on forums.

here is the result
and next time i will select single instead of multiple in speedtest.net
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 12:49:23 AM by neil »
VDSL FTTC 35/18

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 12:56:47 AM »

one more run but i will also run this test during peak hours to test congestion as you suggested
VDSL FTTC 35/18

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 11:27:05 AM »

The fact single thread (green) is levelling off at 3.5 Mbps suggests there is congestion somewhere.  :/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 12:12:07 AM »

The fact single thread (green) is levelling off at 3.5 Mbps suggests there is congestion somewhere.  :/

maybe because it is far away in my region on speedtest with single stream i get full speed
VDSL FTTC 35/18

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 04:12:47 AM »

this issue has been solved by my isp they said it was some technical issue i tried asking was it bandwidth or congestion issue they replied it was technical issue 
VDSL FTTC 35/18