Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Windows Explorer - Multiple sorting  (Read 6950 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Windows Explorer - Multiple sorting
« on: August 22, 2019, 05:31:02 PM »

I recently upgraded to the latest version of windows (1903) and noticed it messed with some of my windows explorer settings, so I had to figure out a way to reset how I had things ordered before. In doing this I realised not many people know they can do this.

So in my directory I have the directories listed at the top of the window, and any files listed below listed in date created order.

I soon realised that as soon as I clicked 'Type', to get the folders sat at the top, when I pressed 'Date created' it immediately moved the folders down and mixed them up depending on when the folder was created, so in order words the 'Date created' overruled the 'Type' rule.

So I found out that after clicking the first rule, in order to keep that rule and add a second rule, on the second column rule you have to hold Shift key while you press the left mouse button on your chosen rule.

This is how I've always had my files/folders organised though I didn't actually know what I'd done to get them that way. When I looked it up it seems most people don't know about the second rule part by holding shift.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
Re: Windows Explorer - Multiple sorting
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 09:16:19 PM »

Good tip. :)
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655