Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Block all annoying cookie/privacy/tracker popups  (Read 3490 times)

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
Block all annoying cookie/privacy/tracker popups
« on: August 21, 2019, 08:28:20 AM »

I'm sure i'm not alone in hating the annoying cookie or privacy pop up windows appearing whilst browsing, especially after you have cleared your browsing history & cookies.

I'm using 'I don't care about cookies'  extension in Chrome (also available in other browsers) and it works very well:

https://www.i-dont-care-about-cookies.eu/

You can supplement this by adding the followling URL to your ad blocker - if using uBlock Origin then go to Options>Filter Lists>Custom>Import

https://raw.github.com/r4vi/block-the-eu-cookie-s h i t-list/master/filterlist.txt
[ remove the spaces between s h i t ]

Happy blocking  :)

ps
I'm no longer getting the cookie popup on kitz forum after clearing browser cookies   ;D

aesmith

• Kitizen
Re: Block all annoying cookie/privacy/tracker popups
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 03:45:43 PM »

Good tip.  It might work well together with one of the automatic cookie deletion plugins.  I use "Cookie Auto Delete" in Firefox

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Block all annoying cookie/privacy/tracker popups
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 11:29:57 PM »

I agree, the idiotic cookie law things are just such a total time waster and a distraction. I don’t know how to get rid of them in iOS Safari on my iPad and I wish I did. Anyone know ?

I use the ad blocker "1Blocker X" in Safari which is very good and I’m wondering if I might be able to configure this to attack anti-cookie cobblers too. The app can nuke various other kinds of universal nuisances in many websites, as well as ads.