Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FTTC Infill & Copper Realignment Woes  (Read 1405 times)

HCR93

• Just arrived
FTTC Infill & Copper Realignment Woes
« on: August 20, 2019, 10:29:03 PM »

Hi all, this is a bit of a stretch, but trying to get to the bottom of Openreach infrastructure being installed for Phase SEP Bucks&Herts (Connected Counties).

Much of my village (Cadmore End) has been connected with new combined DSLAM/PCP cabinets (9 and 13 on the local Lane End exchange). The copper realignment works appear to have completed and FTTC services are availbale for order locally.

Unfortunately for me, it seems this realignment (as confirmed by Openreach engineers on the ground) has not included our group of properties (approx. 6no). The copper runs directly beneath cabinet 9 to our house, but hasn’t been patched into. With a copper distance of approx. 1km, this should yield us at least 'super-fast' 24Mb/s speeds. Alternatively, cabinet 13 is closer (approx. 300m) but would require a loopback beyond our properties. The really strange thing is during all this work, the line to our DP was cut, and a new copper splice introduced which had me hopeful, but that still just takes us back to the original cabinet on the original copper.

Really the only person that could help enlighten me works somewhere in Openreach, but I can't get any answers. Hopefully someone here can help put in a word? Or at least help me understand if we still have any chance of an upgrade.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: FTTC Infill & Copper Realignment Woes
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 11:18:47 PM »

Welcome to the Kitz forum.  :)

I've read through your tail of woe and it does seem a little bit strange. However there is usually a fundamental reason why a network rearrangement is made that, without sight of the network records, seems odd.

Let's see if any of our members might be able to help.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 06:19:25 AM »

Currently I don't think their is anybody on the forums that can answer this, so it would be worth asking over at Think Broadband forums
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

HCR93

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 06:54:10 PM »

Thanks for the tip Ronski - I'll try there also!
Also been in touch with Connected Counties again so hopefully they can help shed some light on things.

anything