Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Who was it...  (Read 5087 times)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
Who was it...
« on: June 24, 2008, 04:59:14 PM »

.... had too much scrumpy and ran amok in Norwich

http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/content/image_galleries/events_go_elephants_20080623_gallery.shtml

own up which one was it, two names spring to mind.

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
Re: Who was it...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 06:42:05 PM »

I plead insanity.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 06:49:01 PM »

It wasn't me  :P

I've seen them paint these up in an empty shop space in the castle mall for some weeks, so thtas what ther'e for
I think I'll stroll in the city and have a look, the ice sculptures were very good and certainly drew the crowds a little while back.

And Scrumpy ? I may be not far from "The Shed" cider house but hav'nt touched the stuff for years. and as for pulling public stunts to wind people up I han't done a crop circle for ye....... ooops, err you read that  :-X

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 08:56:11 PM »

lol at the chocholate dipped heffalump :D

I do like the Tardis one :)

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 09:12:39 PM »

I've seen a couple of the elephants (apparently there are 53) and very impressive they are too. :)

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 12:59:55 AM »

went for a stroll around the city centre tonight found 22 and that took some walking, apparently there are 57.....

57 ! really!

I've got to say It's 18 years this week scince I've moved to Norwich. I love Architecture and I remember so clearly wandering around the streets of this new place I've moved into. Tonight I've done the same. So many artistic unique buildings, so mant intricate fine details, styles, aspects.

I've seen quite a few places across the uk but here I find captivating, I can understand- dare I say "Beadeker's" view of the city. Once in a while I look a bit more closely, wow!

Floydoid, I can readily recomend the following site  http://www.the-plunketts.freeserve.co.uk/ It's one of my all time favorite web sites.

When I first moved here, shortly afterward radio 1 announced the first ever "Sound City". There was allsorts of live music coming from everywhere for weeks. And then there are always all sorts of artistic events constantly popping up. There are quite a few things which the local council can do ohh so badly to an unbelivable degree. But as an exsample the latest chain of events including this Elephany thing. It's no small undertaking, Ok their all sponsored. However all the exibits are on a substansual base, the sculptures are very well made and secured, and there's the artwork and the idea of scattering them around the city

I've always seen such a good forward thinking enthusiasim for the arts here over and over, I love it

PS if you get the chance to see it my fave so far is the one on Cinema City's site. The elephant is painted as clouds and sky, the only one I've seen with any additions to it (the 3 explorers heads on top) but he way it's painted and as you see it through the railings It seems to be alive in an odd way, quite ethierial

(mind you saying all of the above this is the same city who've decided that instead of looking afterthe pre-medieval city gates and walls, decided to blow most of it up just after the war. It'll be like going to Stonehenge and saying year nice but where's me hammer cos i can do a better patio than that") :o

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 09:57:29 AM »

Yeah this is a wonderful city - I've been here just over 20 years, and almost 30 years in the region.  I'm constantly amazed at the beauty of buildings I hadn't really noticed before.  And yeah I love the Plunkett's site... btw did you read that uncyclopedia Norwich page yet?

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Norwich

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 10:40:40 AM »

Thanks for that Floydy 

"Norwich's centre of "loocal" power is Anglia Square (pron: Angla Swear), a beautiful multi-storey mock-Georgian estate "  :lol:

I cetainly remember Marigold shame he's not around  :'(

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 11:10:33 AM »

Yeah marigold was one of the true great characters... tho that article doesn't mention Lily with her Pram... sadly no longer with us.

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 01:58:10 PM »

It had to happen, but

One of our elephants is missing !

Some one's swiped one of them (just round the corner from the police station too) or maby it walked?

It was the Parrallelephant which is on one of the pictures on the bbc link.

It's amazing in the interest the elephants have caused, lot's of people are talking about them, and there are a fair number of people walking round spotting them. Train/plane spotting I dont get, but this seems a great idea, shame their all going at the end of august

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 02:03:53 PM »

It had to happen, but

One of our elephants is missing !

:lol: You have to wonder at some people mentality dont you  :lol:

Like where are they going to hide that?
I mean its not exactly like a garden gnome, which you could hide in the shrubs by your goldfish pond..  where ever you put it, its going to stand out a mile.  :D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 03:03:04 PM »

Stealing it must have been an elephantine task. ::)
  Eric

scottiesmum

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 03:32:58 PM »

I bet it's hidden in a trunk    ::) ::)   boom  boom   :'(

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 04:54:17 PM »

tusk tusk Kate!
  Eric

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 05:57:35 PM »

Well I had to trumpet the news in case you lot were all ears to it. I feel for the artist as they must be livid, seeing pink in fact.

hang on a mo, when I walked past the castle the other day I did see a rat. close enough to a mouse
Pages: [1] 2