Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Fibre First Rollout - Intake Exchange (Sheffield)  (Read 24329 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Fibre First Rollout - Intake Exchange (Sheffield)
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2021, 05:56:42 PM »

That's good, but the bad news is we're going to be losing the descriptions from one.network soon  :no:
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2021, 06:00:15 PM »

Yeah I know, how utterly useless.  Although I read their explanation and was still confused, as they said registering would give you more information, then later on made it sound like that still doesn't include description.  So registering would make zero difference.

I wonder if these new restrictions though are thanks to the idiots attacking telecoms workers, because I cant think of any other way those descriptions are somehow security issues.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2021, 03:21:01 PM »

Delays likely - Lane closure
Works location: NR JUNC LEIGHTON ROAD TO NR JUNC HERDINGS ROAD, NORTON AVENUE...
Works description: [Optional permit no fee] proving and cabling works... ;D
Responsibility for works: Openreach

I'm not sure what would be worse at this point, if they reach me quicker than expected and I can't order it because were vulnerable and wont risk anyone in the house, even if Openreach are willing.  Or if we get done last.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2021, 04:45:59 AM »

Looks like CityFibre will beat Openreach at their own game near the exchange at this rate.

Current status: Planned work about to start
Works reference: KG022SHF-FTTH-PN161-04

Nice of them to have a reference code that indicates what the work is for.

Openreach are a bit more cryptic but I did see:

Works reference: BC118ETHERNET2WC4L6K0B

Anyone noticed if Openreach have a specific prefix for the actual fibre installation stage?

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2021, 06:12:20 AM »

A lot of ours are like this BC311WAPL8L5Z002, although some don't have WAP in them.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2021, 04:58:45 PM »

Openreach are a bit more cryptic but I did see:

Works reference: BC118ETHERNET2WC4L6K0B

Anyone noticed if Openreach have a specific prefix for the actual fibre installation stage?

That's a leased line. The reference depends on the contractor but could do worse than look for FFIB as far as Openreach go.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2021, 05:17:16 PM »

We should try and figure out the codes.

I've noticed around my way some Virgin Media work references are;

NK128LFFN-275

I've figured out that LFFN seems to be a reference to the Greater Manchester Local Full Fibre Network.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2021, 07:08:04 PM »

That's a leased line. The reference depends on the contractor but could do worse than look for FFIB as far as Openreach go.

That's interesting considering where its located is residential, the only thing nearby is a Virgin cabinet.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 07:12:22 PM by Alex Atkin UK »

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2021, 03:14:40 PM »

Corner shops, NHS facilities, mobile masts and even some workers at home use leased lines as well.

Ethernet in the street works reference is what it says it is and is not GEA-specific work though it can be handy as they may deploy additional infrastructure for futureproofing.

Feel free to check the FTTP works in Hunslet and Rothwell, Leeds, for examples of both FFIB and generic works references.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2021, 04:10:58 PM »

Ethernet in the street works reference is what it says it is and is not GEA-specific work . . .

I presume it would be either EAD or EBD? . . . though I can't remember the last time I saw a reference to the latter product.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2021, 09:38:48 AM »

We should try and figure out the codes.

I've noticed around my way some Virgin Media work references are;

NK128LFFN-275

I've figured out that LFFN seems to be a reference to the Greater Manchester Local Full Fibre Network.

Not my area, but have a tinsy bit of working knowledge on 'Noticing & Permits' with regard to creating them and displaying them on the streetworks set-up.

We use a system called EToN (Electronic Transfer of Notices) to raise a notice with the HA. The first set of letters and numbers relate to that particular orginsations unique code (in case of FPN's - Fixed Penalty Notices' being applied).

The bit in the middle I have no recall of its meaning, but would suggest it's an agreed 'simplified abbreviation' of intended works (The actual notice contains the work being done in finite detail). But I do know the final lot of letters/numbers are the Openreach estimate number relating to the job at hand and the HA own reference given to that job.

Each notice/permit should be 24 characters long in total, and it is that which should be displayed roadside when working. That's about the depth of my knowledge.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2021, 12:21:30 PM »

PS - LFFN isn't solely related to Greater Manchester.  :)

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2021, 12:16:09 AM »

Tricky to divine outside of what BS mentioned. It starts 'BC' it's for Openreach and the next 3 digits identify the people doing the digging but game on after that with the exception of 'Ethernet' appearing in some leased line provisioning.

Cases in point - the first one of these was full duct overbuild with swept tees to permit FTTP in Oakdene Drive, LS17.

Promoter Ref: BC005-KL1W000000063362NTG
Leeds Council Ref: 927368
Description: Lay duct and build chambers in footway and carriageway.
NSG Reference: 23014886
OD: BT

Promoter Ref: BC007-WBNMMD5V
Leeds Council Ref: 959912
Description: Install - 5m of BT duct in fw to facilitate spine cabling works so we are able to connect customers up to super fast broadband in the area.
OD: District 007

Promoter Ref: BC410-YK00000500299516900
Leeds Council Ref: 964683
Description: Excavate 1 location/s and install copper earthing strip to en
OD: Telent - ONSA

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2021, 12:31:56 AM »

It just sucks not having the description any more, can't tell if anything is happening or not.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2021, 09:16:46 AM »

You can still get an idea, if there's loads of BT road works in a small area, chances are it's FTTP.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

anything