Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Line syncing lower than before  (Read 1320 times)

Dave2150

• Reg Member
Line syncing lower than before
« on: August 03, 2019, 10:43:43 PM »

Hello,

Please see my line stats below. This is my mother's line, she used to sync at 30-32Mbit, now seems to be capped at 23Mbit. Line stats seem to show no bit loading on frequencies higher than 1900Hz.

The transmit power seems low at 6.4dbm - I seem to remember this was much higher?

I've looked for stats from before but sadly can't find any to compare, and just saw that 'mydslwebstats' is no longer running, I used to log there :(

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
David.

re0

• Reg Member
Re: Line syncing lower than before
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 01:55:19 AM »

Can't see anything jumping out at me that would suggest there is a problem. Perhaps she was one of the first few subscribers? If that is the case, then crosstalk from new subscribers since then will certainly lead to some loss of speed. ~30% loss is not impossible, but some of the very first subscribers could have seen closer to 40-50% loss (at least from an attainable aspect, in the absence of vectoring) over time.
ISP: Gigaclear - Hyperfast 900 (up to 940 Mbps symmetrical)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 06:20:04 PM »

There is certainly a hint that some cross-talk is present on the circuit. (Notice the "flying gulls" at the higher frequencies in the QLN plot?)

It doesn't appear to be overwhelming, so as to whether it is guilty as the cause to a loss of 7 - 8 Mbps in synchronisation speed I'm not sure.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 08:53:08 PM »

It doesn't look capped as such, it just looks more like 23Mb is the best the line can do in its current state (the interleaving/INP being the cause of the difference between the max attainable and actual rate).