Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Lost Somhairle somewhere  (Read 593 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Lost Somhairle somewhere
« on: August 06, 2019, 07:05:34 AM »

Can’t find Somhairle the large ex-kitten at the moment. The thinking is that he has managed to work out how to go out through the cat door in the night, but has then immediately got lost, can’t remember his way back to the cat door or can’t remember how to work it in the other direction. The thing is there is a huge inclined, slanted concrete slab covering the door on the outside, leaning up at an angle against the wall. This effectively keeps the windes blast from the worst gales from hitting the cat door.

Janet is calling out of the window to find him. He has done it every day for the last five days or so. Now it’s pouring so he could be under a car perhaps.

After calling for him, I was getting worried and so Janet went into the kitchen and there he was, had been the whole time, evidenced by the fact that he wasn’t wet.

Perhaps we need to have some training sessions, to teach him how to get back in through the invisible door. Using sound or scent ?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 07:12:14 AM by Weaver »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Lost Somhairle somewhere
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 03:39:45 PM »

I'm pleased to know that he has been found, safe and well.  :)

I guess that the kitchen would be the first place any sensible kitteh would go . . . for warms and for foods.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Lost Somhairle somewhere
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 05:59:53 PM »

I have started to panic about my animals and their safety, I have said goodbye to so many animals in the last decade, it has been horrible.

Just now Somhairle is curled up in a ball with Pangur Bàn both on my knee, so that helps a lot.