Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Openreach Unveil 36 New UK Areas for FTTP Ultrafast Broadband  (Read 7026 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: Openreach Unveil 36 New UK Areas for FTTP Ultrafast Broadband
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2019, 04:18:45 PM »

My exchange isn't Wellington but I am from Cuckoo Oak exchange in High Street Madeley, Telford

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2019, 04:37:46 PM »

As I said your FTTC goes through Wellington. I'm aware your exchange is Cuckoo Oak which is why I referred to it as a pretty small exchange. See attachment, fella.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2019, 04:51:32 PM »

Ahh that explains things Carl, I guess the cityfibre pricing isnt viable for residential without vodafone subsidy.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2019, 04:58:03 PM »

As I said your FTTC goes through Wellington. I'm aware your exchange is Cuckoo Oak which is why I referred to it as a pretty small exchange. See attachment, fella.

Interesting but thanks.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2019, 05:03:30 PM »

Kinda - Vodafone aren't funding it however they are the anchor tenant just as local authorities were for the initial metro ring. They'll have committed to taking a certain amount of connections from CityFibre.

When CityFibre start building the residential network they acquire a small building to house OLTs and handle passing traffic to their customers - initially Vodafone. That infrastructure simply doesn't exist in Leicester right now and building out a PON to serve a single residential user for a few quid a month isn't feasible.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2019, 05:07:39 PM »

Got email from higher level complaints to Openreach of why G.fast are very poor at my address and other address with no g.fast and here their reply:

Dear Mr ***********,

Thank you for your email to Clive Selley, Clive has asked me to look into your enquiry and to respond to you directly.

I have now checked both addresses and at the moment there are no plans to provide an upgrade to the current service provide and both the addresses. This does not mean to say that in the future this will not change. Our website on the following link will advise if things do change so please periodically check the website for any updates.  https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband

Our new Prime Minister has called for “fantastic full-fibre broadband in every household” by 2025. This is a hugely ambitious, but so are we. We agree that full fibre broadband is the way to go, but building full fibre technology isn’t quick or easy. It will require 10’s of billions and a physical build to more than 30 million premises from suburban terraces to remote crofts. We are working in partnership with the Government, Regulator, our customers and local authorities and other key stake holders to continue to improve our services as fast as is possible.

I appreciate that this is not the response you were hoping. I will now arrange to have your enquiry closed.

Kind regards

R*******                   

R******** **********
Infrastructure Solutions Executive Level Complaints Team
Openreach

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2019, 05:14:29 PM »

Interesting but thanks.

If you're interested attached are the exchanges you share the goodness with.

Your cabinet is I believe Cuckoo Oak 8. This was enabled 4th February 2014 and is the first cabinet enabled on the Cuckoo Oak exchange. It has a 288 port Huawei DSLAM and passes 355 premises. It is connected to OLT BAABUQ in Telford Wellington exchange. That OLT was live as of 2nd June 2011. It actually has 50+ cabinets connecting through it - they're pretty high capacity bits of kit.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2019, 05:20:11 PM »

Thanks CarlIT very useful information. Didn't aware of my exchange connected from Wellington Exchange. That's quite a long distance away. Don't mind asked you, how many FTTP is already activate in the area of Cuckoo Oak exchange?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 05:23:06 PM by adslmax »

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2019, 05:37:17 PM »

Only a bit of new build.

Got email from higher level complaints to Openreach of why G.fast are very poor at my address and other address with no g.fast and here their reply:

What were you hoping to achieve from this if you don't mind my asking?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 05:49:26 PM by CarlT »

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2021, 05:34:49 PM »

If you're interested attached are the exchanges you share the goodness with.

Your cabinet is I believe Cuckoo Oak 8. This was enabled 4th February 2014 and is the first cabinet enabled on the Cuckoo Oak exchange. It has a 288 port Huawei DSLAM and passes 355 premises. It is connected to OLT BAABUQ in Telford Wellington exchange. That OLT was live as of 2nd June 2011. It actually has 50+ cabinets connecting through it - they're pretty high capacity bits of kit.

Sorry to start this thread, Wellington must be very big exchange with lots of capacity for FTTC, G Fast and FTTP all lines from there for all exchanges in Telford. Am I correct ADSL and ADSL2+ from Cuckoo Oak not Wellington.

Openreach have not identified the Wellington Exchange as a 'FTTP Priority Exchange' and the 'Stop Sell' date will be September 2023. Does this mean my FTTC will be stopped September 2023?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 05:53:34 PM by adslmax »

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2021, 07:22:20 PM »

Am I correct ADSL and ADSL2+ from Cuckoo Oak not Wellington.

Correct.

Openreach have not identified the Wellington Exchange as a 'FTTP Priority Exchange' and the 'Stop Sell' date will be September 2023. Does this mean my FTTC will be stopped September 2023?

Definitely not.

Stop sells on FTTC will only effect those with FTTP.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM
Pages: 1 [2]

anything