Computers & Hardware > Android & other hand held devices

Problem with sound quality when I speak on the phone

(1/4) > >>

roseway:
I've got a new phone, a Nokia 8.1, which is pure Android 9.0, and Android One certified. When I make phone calls the other person hears a rather distorted version of my voice, with a bit of "tizz" accompanying each sound. This didn't happen with my previous phone. Any ideas what's causing it?

kitzuser87430:
I would instal or use a sound recording app and see if it happens without involving the mobile network...Could be a faulty phone

I have used https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.github.axet.audiorecorder from the play store and the default recorder on my phone.

Ian

roseway:
Thanks for the suggestion. I've installed the app you mentioned, and voice recordings are perfectly clear, so that part of the phone seems to be fine.

Ronski:
Have you tried multiple calls to different people?

d2d4j:
Hi

On some android headunits, having google assistant running, does not like to release microphone to phone  app.

You could try stop google assistant from using microphone if installed as a test

Also, please do not take wrong way, but do you have any covers over the screen which maybe blocking 1 of the microphone

Many thanks

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version