Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Vodafone wins Brussels approval for £18bn Liberty Global deal  (Read 1308 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

Brussels has given Vodafone the green light for its $22bn (£18bn) takeover of parts of Liberty Global's cable networks, clearing the way for the most valuable European telecoms merger in more than a decade.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/07/18/vodafone-wins-brussels-approval-18bn-liberty-global-deal

It seems that Vodafone is buying Liberty Globals networks in Germany and eastern europe. I wonder if this means anything for Virgin Media.

Vodafone seem to be very serious about the future of broadband networks. They seem to be involved in multiple technologies.

PS: The countries that networks will be taken over are; Czechia, Germany, Hungary, and Romania.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 01:15:31 PM by Bowdon »
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: Vodafone wins Brussels approval for £18bn Liberty Global deal
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 04:14:39 PM »

It feels like only yesterday LG brought VM, are they just a short term asset flipping company?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Vodafone wins Brussels approval for £18bn Liberty Global deal
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 12:22:23 PM »

>> I wonder if this means anything for Virgin Media.

The deal excluded VM,  who incidentally were conducting a review into possibly opening up a wholesale arm to supply other SPs.
Liberty Global have disposed mostly of their Eastern Europe assets and now seem to be focusing more on the UK market.   Don't they also want to buy ITV?

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything