Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: hdmi splitters  (Read 4403 times)

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: hdmi splitters
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2019, 07:28:25 PM »

Can you put the Sky box through the tv with the sound bar connected to the ARC HDMI port?

He's connected like that now?
Unless you mean the Sky box directly to the TV.
He didn't have enough HDMI ports for that.

He currently has the Sky box connected via HDMI cable to the Soundbar HDMI IN socket, and another HDMI cable from the Soundbar HDMI out socket to the HDMI (ARC) port on the TV.
It's currently connected how it's designed to work.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 07:32:33 PM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2019, 07:35:34 PM »

Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread but have a further question.

Having connected satellite box through sound bar I can no longer listen to the TV on my headphones.  These are plugged into TV (no headphone socket on sound bar).

If I switch to freeview, with signal from aerial, headphones work.  Is this loss of sound because s box is connected to sound bar rather than direct to TV (haven't tried this yet).  The coaxial for aerial is connected through DVD player so like s box not connected directly connected to TV.

gom

What make/model is the TV?

If you try changing the Sound settings on the tv (not the soundbar) so that sound comes out the TV speakers, that may make the headphones work again.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

fat jez

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2019, 08:00:14 PM »

I must be losing track of how many devices GOM has and how many HDMI ports the TV and Soundbar have. Do we know?
Zen G.fast 330/50

grumpy old man

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2019, 09:47:47 PM »

The satellite box is connected by hdmi to sound bar and sound bar is then connected to TV using eARC hdmi port.

There are three HDMI ports on TV, two on rear and one on side.The hdmi port in side is only used occasionally as cable, fire stick or similar would be seen poking out.

The two hdmi ports on rear of TV are being used for sound bar and fire stick.

I will  check sound settings on TV to see if I can overcome head phone problem.  The TV IS panasonic model nr TX-L37E3B.

Thank you for your advice

gom

fat jez

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 05:51:01 PM »

You could get an angled hdmi male to female connector if you want to use the side port? We have them on our wall mounted bedroom tv.
Zen G.fast 330/50

grumpy old man

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2019, 08:50:21 PM »

Thanks for suggestion I will follow up.

gom

fat jez

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2019, 06:48:13 PM »

Something like this would work as an HDMI switcher. You can put everything through it, then connect the output to HDMI 1. Then put the ARC out to the soundbar.

XOLORspace 23051 4K 60Hz HDR 5x1 HDMI Switcher 4k 4:4:4 18Gps/600MHZ and Dolby vision with remote control and auto switch https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XN5C7XR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_p4WsDbN9GVBDD
Zen G.fast 330/50
Pages: 1 [2]

anything