Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DSL Stats random crash on Server2008R2  (Read 3633 times)

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
DSL Stats random crash on Server2008R2
« on: July 16, 2019, 06:48:59 PM »

I've run DSL stats latest beta version since it came out on a Server 2008R2. Its never crashed, but since applying the MS July patches this weekend its randomly crashed twice. I cant see anything going on at the same time, and the first time it seemed to close normally and no windows error log, the second time it gave a windows 1000 application error, and nothing was logged as it would with a normal closure. I know Eric isn't working on DSL Stats at the moment, but wondered if anyone else might have seen this since the July Patches (W7 is the same essentially)

There is a file error1 with the time of crash but I cant read it ?

Tony
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
Re: DSL Stats random crash on Server2008R2
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 09:55:40 PM »

Sorted - sort of

I run DSL Stats by a scheduled task triggered by logon. For some un explained reason the last MS patches changed some of the scheduled task options, most importantly it enabled the “stop task if runs for 3 days” so every three days it stopped.

Like I said in previous posts it’s run for ages, and I remember disabling this option, but the quality updates seem to have set scheduled task to default.

I suppose I should use a script to start DSL Stats that would effectively end the task, but never got round to it.

I post in case any other forum member has odd issues that might be connected to the task scheduler.

Tony

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 12:19:34 AM »

Sorted - sort of

I run DSL Stats by a scheduled task triggered by logon. For some un explained reason the last MS patches changed some of the scheduled task options, most importantly it enabled the “stop task if runs for 3 days” so every three days it stopped.

Like I said in previous posts it’s run for ages, and I remember disabling this option, but the quality updates seem to have set scheduled task to default.

I suppose I should use a script to start DSL Stats that would effectively end the task, but never got round to it.

I post in case any other forum member has odd issues that might be connected to the task scheduler.

Tony

Good tip mine was set the same in task scheduler, wondered why it kept closing.
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 12:24:59 AM »

I just throw a DslStats shortcut in the StartUp folder.
Never had an issue. DslStats started with Windows every time (I now use an RPi).
I have repeated issues with Windows Task Scheduler.

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

To access it quickly open Run, type shell:startup and hit Enter or press WinKey, type shell:startup and hit Enter.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

g3uiss

• Kitizen
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 09:46:46 AM »

J0hn

For some reason I thought Servers didn’t have a startup folder hence always used scheduled task.

Thanks for the heads up