Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Cerberus G.fast estimated  (Read 10518 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: Cerberus G.fast estimated
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2019, 06:51:51 PM »

Yes more likely I move to Zen 80/20 in October like migration over.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2019, 11:31:06 PM »

What your view ? Staying with FTTC 80/20 and enjoy free until October when contract has expires than leave PN and order G.fast in October with Zen or stay with G.fast order and use 160/30 stable than VM 362/35 as you are probably right that VM are terrible utilisation in my area.

I only got to pay PN for early fee £12.48 for the remaining contract that easy wiped off by my refferal scheme still stand at £45 credit but PN email to me say I would lose LRS non refundable and will lose all my referral scheme £45 credit will be wiped off) CHEEK of PN.

Alright I leave my G.fast order alone and go ahead with G.fast.

prove everyone you not indecisive as you have been so much in the past and see this order through max, thats your motivation, you cancelled so many orders in recent times.  If you cancel I wont take any more of your migration posts even a tiny bit seriously as it seems you just order and cancel within a few days again and again.

dee.jay

• ISP Rep
  • Reg Member
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2019, 08:33:13 AM »

My only one comment here, and from here on out I refuse to participate is any more of Max's threads.

It's been said, by Max that "I'm happy with 80/20". If that is the case, why are you bothered about G.Fast at all?

If I could get 330Mb I'd be biting whatever hand can feed it me! However, I know for a fact I'd use 330Mbps. I'm in the midst of the summer decline of sync rates, 64/68MBps on each of my lines, both were at around 70 before. I'm more than happy with my balanced 125-130Mbps throughput, but I know I could always use more.

Ideally though, nothing compares to FTTP, where crosstalk and all that crap would be something I could forgetabout.
Starlink and AAISP L2TP combo routed by opnSense on proxmox

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2019, 08:49:17 AM »

From the warmest of places, could you specify what it is exactly you cant do with your 80/20 connection?
That's a question that I always wonder about whenever high speed services are discussed.  Sometimes it seems to be speed just for the sake of boasting about the numbers.  For example when you hear people on the radio talking either about how other countries have so much faster provision, or about UK plans for super high speed services - they never go on to say "these speeds enable users to ....."

Apart from a pretty idiotic comment I heard about 5G, saying it would enable people to download a high definition movie in a few seconds.

My own view is that the obsession with speed in it's own right is because it's a simple figure that can be quoted and compared without having to understand more subtle issues.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2019, 11:59:29 AM »

Max.  With all due respect I think it's time you faced a few facts.
You are already fortunate enough to have one of the best FTTC connections in the UK and I cannot comprehend what you actually need the additional bandwidth for.

Over the past year alone I have seen you place orders with numerous other ISP's only for you to cancel them within a few days.   This is unfair on them because it places additional burden on them from the numerous questions that you also obviously bombard them with.

Re Plusnet.   Whilst there is no excuse for the billing issue - I do feel to be fair that their support have been admirable when it comes to the amount of support tickets.  Also bear in mind that I'm not aware of any other ISP who is quite so willing to run so many GEA tests and many will refuse to do so unless their is an active fault on the line... and even then some of them won't share the results with you.  I also feel that you should not be too harsh because some of the deals they have supposedly offered you are better than what I've been able to negotiate.   If you don't have an active fault on the line then I do not see the point in going else where when it is quite obvious that funds are limited and you have other outstanding debts.

AAISP is a fantastic ISP with some of the best support agents anywhere..  but also be aware that they are very technical and some of them can be very frank.  RevK for example does not suffer fools gladly and he certainly is not best known for his tolerance towards people who he feels are wasting his time.

I hate to sound pessimistic, but I do not feel that g.fast would be your answer.   Based on my daughter's experience g.fast is highly unpredictable speeds are never the same and they have even had a period where the DLM got a bit too aggressive and their speeds were worse than on VDSL2.   I think their line length is similar to yours and if it was up to my daughter alone, then she would go back to normal FTTC as soon as their contract has expired.   My daughter is not one to bother about speeds nor DLM or latency, but if she is getting fed up of noticeable changes then I really do worry you would cope.    I honestly fear that the constant changes in sync speed could affect your mental health.

I have seen you say at least half a dozen times within about the past 6 months that you agree g.fast may not be the best thing for your circumstances.   Yet within a week you forget all the previous advise and information given to you by various members of the broadband community (not just here but on numerous sites) and it's back to square one and yet again you are placing more new orders and around the same circle we go again.

-----

I kept out of this latest discussion because I've felt I have already explained to you at least 3 or 4 times in the past why g.fast speeds are different for premises in the same street.   I even went to considerable length to type out a reply showing the layout in my daughters road with the location of the DPs and JBs..  yet here we are over a year later and you are still asking the same questions.  I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve, its almost like you will ignore the theoretical facts if they are not what you want to hear. 

This post may sound harsh..  but honestly Max for the sake of your health and finances you really do need to take a step back and consider your options carefully before you start going down a different path which could just end up being the road to disaster.  I really am concerned that your constant chasing of need for speed and perfection is beginning to spiral out of control.  :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2019, 12:24:26 PM »

@good advice kitz.

I will now have to accepted that from Kitz's daughter who really can't wait to go back to FTTC as sound like G.fast are the worst ever with DLM. Thanks for the warning. I only beats myself up and try to win over OPenreach to tell them wake up as this is your idea of g.fast are suppose to be 330/30 and called ultrafast and you got no rights to bring this g.failure under DLM too much aggressive and their speeds were worse but I think they only care is MONEY not the speed.

Kitz has finally wake me up saying I am fortunate enough to have one of the best FTTC connections in the UK - this is true as still 80/20 since 2014 and it now been five years.

[Some personal information removed by admin from this section of the post]

Post edited by admin for confidentiality reasons
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 06:46:35 PM by kitz »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2019, 04:11:01 PM »

I was harsh and I apologise, given the financial situation I can understand why you didnt go ahead, but please take kitz's advice seriously as you really shouldnt have done the order in the first place.  Various people do it from time to time, they thinking of moving but then change their mind but you have done it so many times which is why I made the reply I did.

All the best max.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2019, 06:47:47 PM »

Hi Max

Hope you didn't take my post the wrong way, but it was meant with best intentions as several of us were getting concerned that you may be becoming obsessive over something which in the long term could be detrimental to your health and well being. 

I have removed some of the very personal information that you disclosed.  I am truly sorry you are having a tough time right now, but in view of what you said, then spending more money each month on your broadband in search of better speeds and/or better routers is definitely not the right way to proceed.

May I perhaps suggest that you find an online game which may at least distract you from the current situation - it surely has got to be more beneficial than doing speed tests.     Why don't you open a thread in the chat section saying what type of things you like ie puzzles/war/achievements and I'm sure that someone will perhaps be able to recommend one that could interest you.  :)

---
ETA

I have also PM'd  you
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:04:00 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2019, 06:56:44 PM »

Thank You Kitz I just wish my mind just stop being obsessive with FTTC thing. I decided to stay away from PC for a while.

Sorry to everyones for being a pain and I have apology to Zen for waste their time but at the end they know who I am.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2019, 06:58:01 PM »

I was harsh and I apologise,
All the best max.

No worry thanks for your kind words

dee.jay

• ISP Rep
  • Reg Member
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2019, 08:10:17 PM »

Hi, I too apologise if my comments were harsh. I had no idea either. If there's any advice or anything you need, let me know. Take care.
Starlink and AAISP L2TP combo routed by opnSense on proxmox
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]