Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Cerberus G.fast estimated  (Read 10514 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Cerberus G.fast estimated
« on: July 13, 2019, 03:23:31 PM »

Why is zen and cix saying I would get 114/9 but Cerberus checker say I can get it for 175/21 for g.fast? How can other isp say I would get 114/9 but I wouldn't believe this until Cerberus say my line can do 175/21? Who tell the truth? I have fired off email to openreach to enquired of why some isp's say I get low on g.fast but cerberus seem look fine for 160/30 product when it say I can get 175/21? I don't mind upload of 21 but the download of 175 for these product 160/30 is much twice as FTTC 80/20 to 175/21. But I don't want to order it and later get activated on the line for just 114/9 as I would lose lots of money and stuck on 12 months contract etc.

See here:

https://ibb.co/nfqfNZS

pooclah

• Reg Member
Re: Cerberus G.fast estimated
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 05:34:19 PM »

Max did you not see this?

*Estimated speeds.  Bandwidth is dependent on line length and quality.

GFast service at this location may not achieve the usual average speeds due to a longer than normal line length.  By ordering you accept the risk.

And before you ask again why houses close to you get better estimates Kitz explained very clearly here
https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,21048.msg367797.html#msg367797

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 05:36:03 PM »

yes but .... distance from the cab is not the only factor, You need to know what route the U/G cabling takes, and where the DP's and JBs are (this one I find it hard to believe it) because four houses are the same cable route underground to the same street cabinet (pcp 8) as DP and JB are on top foot pathway with all 8 houses from it - how did I know this? Because the dsl checker on ADSL2+ all on the same line by houses to DP and JB to the pcp cabinet 8 (not the fibre cabinet) all houses have the same estimated on ADSL2+ with between 7 to 17Mbps.

both next doors to my house the g.fast speed 227/35 and 246/38 compared to mine are 198/29 but openreach email say my property should be 227/35 (same as two next doors at 231/35 (before was 330/50) so I do trust that four houses by mine are like this way:

House 1: 231/35 (two next doors on the left side) House 2: 227/35 (next door) House 3: 227/35 (mine) House 4: 246/38 (next door) House 5: no g.fast (two next doors on the right side)

https://i.postimg.cc/19X1bkhB/g-fast-speed.jpg

I believe all four houses should have similiar speed estimated for g.fast between 246 and 227 for downstream and between 38 and 35 for upstream.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 06:01:10 PM by adslmax »

pooclah

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 06:36:33 PM »

yes but .... distance from the cab is not the only factor, You need to know what route the U/G cabling takes, and where the DP's and JBs are (this one I find it hard to believe it) <snip>

There's the problem.

How do you know that your line is a similar length to your neighbours?  It could have been longer initially or maybe re-routed to a longer line in an effort to find a better pair after a complaint.  Who knows?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 11:02:47 PM »

Marketing

Openreach estimate a range.

Isp's are fighting for your custom and the most aggressive may provide an estimate on the upper side of that range or even higher than the range itself..

If they estimate a higher speed they more likely to get your custom.  Some isp's might even be willing to push openreach to try and get a higher speed via engineer work if its underwhelming and reflect that in their estimates.

Clearly you are very curious max, just order it (dont cancel) and satisfy that curiosity then we know what your line can actually do :)

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 03:55:26 AM »

I found nearby DP in footway to next two doors with smaller GPO box there in their front garden photo here https://ibb.co/dQ3vmV2 (neighbours has approved and accepted of this photo taken. This house get 330/50 on G.fast)

Photo here of nearby DP pathway https://ibb.co/pZHrfZh

Been look into my outside cupboard (locked) and can see small GPO and I unscrew and took photo of it and screw it back on without touch these. Maybe this one is issues with G.fast low speed? Photo here: Screwed secure: https://ibb.co/7Cm8G9Y and Unscrewed GPO box: https://ibb.co/2dz7PYH (these seem lots of wiring on it with all different colours) my house got 4 master sockets (hallway, living room, two upstair bedrooms)

https://www.britishtelephones.com/bterm.htm

fat jez

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 06:29:09 AM »

How can your house have 4 master sockets? Do you have 4 BT lines?
Zen G.fast 330/50

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 12:51:04 PM »

My house already got 4 master sockets when I was moved to this property 15 years ago with one of the weirdo with payphone on the wall in upstair before it was removed by the council.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 01:18:28 PM »

I think you're confusing extension sockets with master sockets.

4 connected master sockets could cause issues.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 01:21:49 PM »

The master socket in hallway only got two wiring on it with faceplate when openreach engineer fitted new mk4 socket and told me there is no entension wiring at all. So, make me wondering the other three master sockets where was all the wiring coming from?

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 01:29:45 PM »

Updated got email from openreach they have now corrected my line with G.fast estimated due to error database. BTw has now updated. Wow, changed from 114/9 to 280/27  ;D :). I better get back to Zen Internet and see what they have to say on their system will it be 330/50 or still 160/30.

New screenshot below on my g.fast line from old estimated to new estimated.

[attachment deleted by admin]

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 02:43:31 PM »

Good news :) Zen Internet has placed an order for me to have g.fast. Moving away from Plusnet to Zen for both line & g.fast, so I will be no longer with PN soon.

Thanks for choosing Zen.

We will aim to deliver your AVM FRITZ!Box 7530 approximately 3 working days before your service goes live. We'll let you know once your parcel has been dispatched.

G.fast order is 160/30 to start off first for couple of months as I only afford no more than £50 a month max. Activation will be 10 working days from today.

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 03:39:06 PM »

Looks good!
Assume you will still be using the MT992 modem with this, so will get no actual line stats?
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2019, 03:53:30 PM »

Yes I aware of this. Mean the end of looking up DSLstats and no more line stat. Zen say my line can do 280/27 but placed an order on 160/30 and should be no problem getting 160/30 for now cos of my budget limit. I could have gone to BT but their are expensive side and not sure if their support are any good? But BT do have line stats very limit on BT Smart Hub 2. Oh well, time for me to stop using dslstats and stats.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2019, 03:58:04 PM »

May I ask what are the maximum throughput for 160/30 on G.fast? I think around 152/27? Not sure of G.fast IP Profile rate?

Got email from PN

Hello ************,

Account username: ***************

Phone number affected: 01952******

We're sorry to hear you're leaving us.

Another service provider has told us that you're moving your broadband and phone service away from Plusnet.

If you've already received an email from us with information about the transfer of one of your services, please ignore it and refer only to the information contained within this email.

Your broadband and phone service is scheduled to transfer automatically on 30th July 2019 and will result in the cancellation of all your Plusnet services.

Because you're moving your broadband before the end of your minimum term, you will be subject to early termination charges. These have been calculated at £12.48. (Already got £45 referral scheme that will paid that off £12.48 fee plus the last 90 days of service cos PN haven't fixed my billing issues since last October 2018 with no fix date. Useless PN).

DSLChecker has updated: There are multiple orders open on your line which are due to complete by 30-Jul-2019.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 04:11:29 PM by adslmax »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

anything