Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Question about MediaTek and Lantiq chipset  (Read 4616 times)

MadAbdo

Question about MediaTek and Lantiq chipset
« on: July 13, 2019, 05:02:24 AM »

Hello,

want to know which chipest will work better with Huawei cabinet,
my Huawei cabinet accepts commands from ssh ( i used ZTE H168N ) to manual improve snr and change channel type, but now iam looking to buy router with Mediatek or Lantiq Chipest since it's should accept same commands as ZTE H168N right ?

also whats the difference between ETH chip1: MediaTek MT7510 for ( Asus DSL-N16, RAM1: 64 MiB ) and ETH chip1: MediaTek MT7511 for ( Asus DSL-N17U, RAM1: 128 MiB)
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/ASUS_DSL-N16
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/ASUS_DSL-N17U

Iam using VDSL connection, does this ETH chips have same performance and if not which one is better ( i think the newer one maybe :D ? )
and does the FLA/RAM size effect the vdsl connection to the cabinet performance as well ?

and if there's better router with MediaTek and Lantiq chipset to use please let me know, and also which chip will work better with my cabinet MediaTek orLantiq chipset ?

Thank you .

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
Re: Question about MediaTek and Lantiq chipset
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 01:51:51 PM »

If you're in the UK, stay away from ANY Mediatek dsl chipset based router, which most Asus DSL-XXXXX routers are. They are notorious for causing line instability issues. Even if you're not in the UK, there's a risk the Mediatek router could still cause huge issues on your line. My advice would be to stick with a Broadcom or Lantiq based router.

MadAbdo

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 03:35:01 PM »

Thanks for ur reply,
Can you recommend me VDSL Lantiq router/modem with good responsible that also SSH unlocked
And no iam not in the UK

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 09:43:34 PM »

In the UK, the Draytek 130 is arguably the best Lantiq based vdsl modem there is. However the Draytek 130 (or any other vdsl modem for that matter) cannot be used to change the vdsl connection properties - the connection stats are what they are (at least here in the UK). Maybe worth seeking out local users/forums in your country for recommendations?

MadAbdo

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 05:02:19 AM »

Thank you,

My Huawei cabinet, accepts commends already, just want to know is the the Draytek 130 SSH/Telnet is not locked ?
i think commends also should be same as mediatek ones right ?

Code: [Select]
wan vdsl2 set target_snrm xxxx
wan vdsl2 set manual_pms on

etc ..

sadly local users in my country don't know much about these stuff

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 10:53:26 AM »

Thank you,

My Huawei cabinet, accepts commends already, just want to know is the the Draytek 130 SSH/Telnet is not locked ?

etc ..

I very much doubt different chipset makers (Lantiq v Mediatek) would use the same CLI commands. That's a bit like trying to use a Sony TV remote to operate a Panasonic TV .
In the UK, the Draytek 130 doesn't allow you to do much beyond viewing line stats however since you are outside the UK, the local firmware may allow you to do much more because Draytek sometimes offer different firmware versions for different countries. Ask Draytek support in your country.

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 11:47:58 AM »

Lantiq devices do have the ability to adjust the SNRM by +/- 5dB and Draytek are the only manufacturer I know of who make that facility available in their firmware.

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 06:24:56 PM »

Fritzbox modems can be tweaked if you modify the config file...
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590

MadAbdo

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 02:11:19 PM »

I very much doubt different chipset makers (Lantiq v Mediatek) would use the same CLI commands. That's a bit like trying to use a Sony TV remote to operate a Panasonic TV .
In the UK, the Draytek 130 doesn't allow you to do much beyond viewing line stats however since you are outside the UK, the local firmware may allow you to do much more because Draytek sometimes offer different firmware versions for different countries. Ask Draytek support in your country.

well

i really don't know but i think same commands can work, for example, ZTE H168N and ASUS DSL-N16 have same SSH commands

just wanted to know which commands can be used with Lantiq or if someone have list with the SSH available commands

MadAbdo

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 02:13:03 PM »

Lantiq devices do have the ability to adjust the SNRM by +/- 5dB and Draytek are the only manufacturer I know of who make that facility available in their firmware.

Asus routers as well can do that as i heard, my main goal is to change the channel type from interleave to fast, its already worked with me on ZTE H168N, but i need more stable chip that's all

MadAbdo

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 02:14:12 PM »

Fritzbox modems can be tweaked if you modify the config file...

idk but can i edit the channel type in the config file to force fast instead of interleaved ?

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 09:46:05 PM »

Hello,

also whats the difference between ETH chip1: MediaTek MT7510 for ( Asus DSL-N16, RAM1: 64 MiB ) and ETH chip1: MediaTek MT7511 for ( Asus DSL-N17U, RAM1: 128 MiB)
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/ASUS_DSL-N16
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/ASUS_DSL-N17U

Thank you .

https://wikidevi.com/wiki/MediaTek

MT7510(T) - /
MT7555 MIPS 34Kc 650 MHz 1 VDSL2 /
ADSL2+ 2015-04-23 1x GbE MAC w/ RGMII/TRGMII, 1x PCIe,
5x FE SW w/ FE PHY, 1x USB 2.0, PCM,
SPA, VDSL2/ADSL2+ IAD, VoIP Gateway 6 devices PR
PPage
MT7511(T) - /
MT7555 MIPS 34Kc 750 MHz 1 VDSL2 /
ADSL2+ 1x GbE MAC w/ RGMII/TRGMII, 1x PCIe,
5x FE SW w/ FE PHY, 1x USB 2.0, PCM,
SPA, VDSL2/ADSL2+ IAD, VoIP Gateway 3 devices PR
PPage

100 Mhz difference between the chipset cpus, that is all, honestly I would look at splitting the modem from the router

hopkins35

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 10:48:34 AM »

Thank you,

etc ..

On the Draytek Vigor 130 you can use the command 'vdsl snr' to adjust the downstream SNRm. I can confirm that it works but I did find it far less stable on my Huawei cab than a Broadcom chipset.

To use the draytek tweak first type 'vdsl snr' to see what your current setting is and increase or decrease your number, a higher number will increase your target SNRm (if I remember correctly)

Here's the syntax:

vdsl snr [delta]
  delta: SNR margin delta. The SNR margin delta should range from -50 to 50.
  delta=1 means 0.1dB.
  Current VDSL SNR Margin is 3 dB.
  Current VDSL SNR Margin delta setting is -50.