Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BT altered my Extention Wiring  (Read 9830 times)

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: BT altered my Extention Wiring
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2019, 12:32:04 PM »

Yes, only one wire should go to each of A and B on the master socket. This will be the incoming pair from the drop-wire.
Any other connections to extensions should go via the removable front-plate.
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

dave4709

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2022, 01:49:53 PM »

Sorry for my non responding to all the excellent advice, which by my own admission was a long time ago the delay was because of family issues & the pandemic but my issue has been fully sorted. i have NOW only 1 ADSL master socket as mentioned previously which has been reinstated where it should been. After much aggravation caused by all i can describe as an over zealous BT engineer of many years ago. previously i did say i had 2 master sockets which he incorporated into my system upon inspection in fact i had 3 yes 3 master sockets within my system the third which to be honest i never spotted was in the photo attached.  i did say i would show a before after photos but as of yet i have not got round too. Just like to thank anyone & everyone that gave advice

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2022, 05:42:50 PM »

I had completely forgotten about your muddle of wiring and multiple master sockets. Back then the black cat's last comment was --

Yes, that reads as sensible and I'm sure you'll do a good job.  :)

Two and a half years on (approx.) and I read that the above prediction has proved to be true. Congratulations on a job well done.  :) 
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2022, 12:01:35 AM »

Sorry for my non responding to all the excellent advice, which by my own admission was a long time ago the delay was because of family issues & the pandemic but my issue has been fully sorted.

I just appreciate that you came back and followed up.  If there's one thing that annoys me about forums is when people post asking for help then solve the problem and never bother to come back and mention what the solution was.  Or post "fixed" with no explanation.

I don't think it generally happens on this forum which is one of the many good points about it.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

dave4709

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2022, 02:01:33 PM »

Hi all this is the update of promised photos of before & after which is only down to 2 photo as there is no point of photos so many photos as these have either just been removed or just changed places. The work did not take that long to complete the only head ache i had was from the attached photos which after cutting off the Jelly crimps left the wires so short to connect in a normal way with a screw terminal junction box. A little bit more info my internet speed has gone up very considerably. Thanks once again to all who had input into my dilemma which thankfully is now in the past
Pages: 1 [2]