Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Plant pots  (Read 634 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Plant pots
« on: June 28, 2019, 11:01:50 PM »

Why do cats love sitting in plant pots and squashing all your flowers?

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Plant pots
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 12:44:17 AM »

Actually, my cat the cat who looked after me when I first left parental home never did that.   She died nearly 30 years ago but I’d have worried if she were a modern, Internet savvy cat, she could easily have got ‘ideas’ from such forum posts such as this. :D

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 02:27:03 AM »

Janet tells me that it’s something about the warm soil. But these were full of flowers or greenery no nice warm dry soil to make nests in.

The new hens are all dust bathing, making hollows in the soil in a newly built border which is surrounded by a little rocky wall. They love it so much that no flowers can go in it now until autumn as the happy birds can’t be deprived of their pleasure.

When Janet brought one hen up to see me, in my bed, that was typical of the new batch, incredibly friendly tame and trusting, like being picked up and never struggle - why would you? The kind human who gives us treats and puts us to be is just picking us up. Anyway the bedroom hen was christened ‘Betty’ for some reason. They are all being put into the tack room of the donkey stable every night and locked in because we have got the feeling that there might be hungry foxes about. So at least they are safe.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 08:51:04 AM »

I always thought that it was because they had a penchant for sitting in box type things.   
Most cats seem to love boxes, bowls and even bathroom sinks.

I saw a video a while back where it became a viral thing to put masking tape on the floor in various shapes and sure enough the cats were sitting in them.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything