Computer Software > Windows 10

update 1903

(1/2) > >>

grumpy old man:
I received notification yesterday that update 1903 was ready to download and install.  This was interesting as I have not received any notification to install 1809 released last October.

However I decided to download and install, what could possibly go wrong!  All went well until computer restart when the restart process commenced and then I got a message to say that the update was being uninstalled.  During the lengthy install process the laptop was inadvertently put into hibernation thus pausing the update.  Could be this caused the uninstall?

I should have read the previous thread on this forum!  I will delay installing.

My question is should I install update 1809 before trying to install 1903?  As I haven't received notification about updating to 1809 presumably I can go direct to MS website and install?

Thanks

gom

gt94sss2:
There is no need to install 1809 before 1903.

There is a good reason why 1809 wasn't offered to many customers  - it initially had multiple issues so it had to be withdrawn and reissued several months later - at which stage a) MS were still being cautious with the rollout and b) it was approaching time for 1903 to come out so they didn't push it very hard.

grumpy old man:
Thanks for your response.

Do I need to install 1809 or will 1903 pick up changes from 1809?

gt94sss2:
Installing 1903 will include any updates/features included in 1809 - no need to install both

grumpy old man:
Thought that might be the case but thank you for confirmation.

gom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version