Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Microsoft shipped buggy update .329  (Read 2679 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Microsoft shipped buggy update .329
« on: September 01, 2019, 04:30:12 PM »

Microsoft appears to have shipped a buggy Windows 10 update even after negative Insider feedback
https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-appears-to-have-shipped-a-buggy-windows-10-update-even-after-negative-insider-feedback/

Two days ago Microsoft released KB4512941, after only a day of testing in the Release Preview Ring. At the time the update had no known issues, but it appears that this was merely because Microsoft did not look hard enough.

I don't know how Microsoft justify only having 1 day of testing in the release preview ring. It also seems they were again warned of these bugs by people in the Windows Insiders program.

Any of the people here who test windows versions come across these bugs or heard about them?

I think since Bill Gates left Microsoft Windows as gone downhill in my opinion. If only a serious company could get behind either Linux builds, or create a new OS that could emulate .exe files of games and programs, and keeping to functional and security updates rather than flashy features that hardly anyone uses, I think they could take the market share eventually.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
Re: Microsoft shipped buggy update .329
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 05:47:32 PM »

I have a machine on release preview and that update wouldn't install. Normal machines were ok but feedback promptly sent.
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: Microsoft shipped buggy update .329
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 11:55:19 AM »

Microsoft Acknowledges CPU Spike Bug – Here’s How to Uninstall the Last Windows 10 Update to Fix This Problem
https://wccftech.com/how-to/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-update/

Microsoft’s latest cumulative update for Windows 10 May 2019 Update ended up causing huge CPU spikes for some users. A number of Windows 10 users reported over the weekend that a Cortana-related bug is causing higher CPU and memory usage. Microsoft took its sweet time, but the company has finally acknowledged the problem.

In a tweet, the Windows maker wrote that it is investigating the issue of high CPU usage related to SearchUI.exe that has apparently arrived with the latest cumulative update (KB4512941) for Windows 10 version 1903.

Interestingly I just checked my updates and I have 2 main updates and the optional one is the KB4512941 mentioned in the article. So they are STILL trying to roll it out even though they know its bugged.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

anything