Computers & Hardware > Other Technologies & Hardware

Bluetooth headphones

<< < (3/3)

Weaver:
I think I’m going to give up with my old ones; aside from the noise, which still persists and is very bad, there is the issue of discomfort. After a few hours of wearing them, I do get pain in my head. They pinch on the sides of my head and the band over the top of my head hurts; pressure on my skull fro something very hard and uncomfortable.

I can get new Sennheiser much higher audio quality HD 630 VB phones from John Lewis, and the Low cost Sennheiser 4.40 which may or may not be rubbish sound quality but they ridiculousky cheap, while seeming to have a similar or better spec than my current ones, and hopefully more comfortable.

Any thoughts?

Or should I jump ship and try a different manufacturer’s brand altogether?

I suppose that I cannot wear them, because then, if I do then I won’t be able to send them back if they are horrible and uncomfortable?

If that’s the case then I will just have to rely on reviews.

Ronski:
I recently purchased a pair of Sony WH-1000X M3 noise cancelling headphones, I'm very impressed with them although I've so far only used them at home. Originally purchased so I could actually hear films when on a plane, I haven't had chance to try them out as the wife got ill and we haven't been on holiday since.

I've not worn them for long periods but they do feel light and comfortable, although my ears get a little warm I suppose that's expected.

jelv:
Would earbuds be more comfortable than headphones? I've been looking at them recently and the cheap ones that Which suggest as a best buy get good reviews: Skullcandy Jib+ which are £24.98 on Amazon (but you'd still need to remember to charge them!).

dee.jay:

--- Quote from: Ronski on November 30, 2019, 09:45:05 AM ---I recently purchased a pair of Sony WH-1000X M3 noise cancelling headphones, I'm very impressed with them although I've so far only used them at home. Originally purchased so I could actually hear films when on a plane, I haven't had chance to try them out as the wife got ill and we haven't been on holiday since.

I've not worn them for long periods but they do feel light and comfortable, although my ears get a little warm I suppose that's expected.

--- End quote ---

Likewise. I wear them all day at work because I detest open plan offices, of which I work in one. I need to be able to concentrate and background noise just distracts.

I can pair them with laptops, phones, even my TV (though I haven't tried that). They're great headphones with excellent sound quality. Worth the outlay - £260

sevenlayermuddle:
I purchased a pair of unkown-brand noise-cancelling headphones a few years ago.   I bought them on spur of the moment whilst waiting at an airline gate in the US, for an overnight flight home, and seeing several families around me with potentially noise-generating babies.

They weren’t expensive (maybe £50 or so) and coupled with the price markup of airport stores, I fully expected them to be complete rubbish.  Actually they were really good, made a huge difference to the cabin noise, and vastly improved the usefulness of in flight movies.  We live by a main road and in the summer I used to use them if listening to radio 4 plays whilst sitting outside.

They lasted a few years before the cheap plastic started to go sticky and brittle, eventually crumbling beyond usability.  Even so, they were one of my better spur of moment purchases.   I’m sorely tempted sometimes to indulge in a decent quality pair, I’m sure they’d be even better. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version