Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FRITZ!Box 7530 vs Zen 80/20 FTTC  (Read 1873 times)

paulsmith109

FRITZ!Box 7530 vs Zen 80/20 FTTC
« on: May 27, 2019, 09:34:18 AM »

I rarely post on these (extremely informative!) forums but I felt it was worth sharing my experiences with the FRITZ!Box 7530.
I have been on ZEN 80/20 for several years now, and have always followed the advice of matching the chipset in the modem to the DSLAM chipset serving my FTTC cabinet (BDCM).To my surprise the Fritzbox is synching almost 1 meg higher than the Zyxel VMG8924 and nearly 2 meg higher than the Billion 8800NL.
Anybody else seeing similar results?

carringj

• Just arrived
Re: FRITZ!Box 7530 vs Zen 80/20 FTTC
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 08:34:57 PM »

Hi,

I'm also with Zen - I have a FB 3490, hoping to get the 7530 when my contract is up for renewal. I'm on an ECI cabinet and find the FB syncs at a lower rate than other modems I have owned that don't match the cabinet CS.

That said, I find the Fritzbox to be very stable - I have it set in bridge mode and use pfSense for firewall / router duties. 

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: FRITZ!Box 7530 vs Zen 80/20 FTTC
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 08:55:34 PM »

and have always followed the advice of matching the chipset in the modem to the DSLAM chipset serving my FTTC cabinet

That should read

and have always followed the myth of matching the chipset in the modem to the DSLAM chipset serving my FTTC cabinet

Every line is different.

Broadcom chipsets were always better for my ECI cabinet.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM