Computers & Hardware > Other Technologies & Hardware

Windows Media Player

(1/2) > >>

Peter:
Hi all,

I recently bought a new Nokia 7.1 phone and the young lady in Car Phone Warehouse kindly transferred all my files and the sim and 32 gb SD card for me.

The SD cards had quite lot of music on recorded in WMP format, (wma?) while others are in mp3, the mp3 tracks are all there but not the wma ones, as I still have them on my pc I tried to download them to my Nokia but they would not download.

As I listen to these in the quiet of the conservatory while Mrs B watches TV through one of those blue tooth speakers I thought why not get another Sd card for my old phone and just use that?  But the guy in the CarPhone warehouse told me that in a year or so Windows media player will not be available as Windows are killing it off.  Is he correct and would I be wasting my time and money on a new sd card?

Any advice would be appreciated please.

Regards

Peter now a young 81 year old.

PS Hope I got the terminology right.

burakkucat:
I am unable to answer your question but the simplest solution, surely, would be to convert (or have converted) all those files to mp3 format.

If you are unable to perform the conversion, I'm sure there are many other members who could do it for you. (I would do it using ffmpeg.)

Peter:
This is what I wanted to know if they can be converted, is  ffmpeg.) a pid for programme please.

Peter

Ronski:
Follow the guide here.

https://www.howtogeek.com/365208/how-to-convert-a-wma-file-to-mp3/

I've used VLC for watching video, but never for converting audio files, so can't comment how easy it is but it looks straightforward.

licquorice:
Works just fine, very straightforward.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version