Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Issue With Switching Provider  (Read 1424 times)

Wilt

• adrianhardy.com
Issue With Switching Provider
« on: May 17, 2019, 05:06:17 PM »

Hi All,

Hope you can offer some advice.

In late March my dad placed an order to switch his ADSL to TalkTalk (I know, lesson learned) from Sky - this order was due to go live on 12th April.

However, on the 8th April TalkTalk emailed him to say they were cancelling his order as they would be unable to keep his number.

He then placed an order with Now TV Broadband which ended up being rejected as there was still an order on the line - and after taking a look in his Sky account you could see an order for broadband cancellation still due on the 12th April.

The 12th April came and went and nothing has happened to the broadband or phone line, it is still active with Sky. However, the entry for broadband cancellation is still visible in his Sky account and is still dated for the 12th April - and if you do a check using the EE broadband availability checker it too says that there is an order already on the line which is due to complete on the 11th April.

He's spoken to both Sky and TalkTalk - Sky say that TalkTalk need to cancel the order and they can't do anything as the line has been released by them, and TalkTalk insist that they have cancelled the order - we can't seem to get anywhere with either of them.

Does anybody know how we can get this resolved? Should it be TalkTalk or Sky sorting it out at this point? Obviously as an end user my dad can't speak to Openreach directly to try and get it sorted.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Issue With Switching Provider
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 11:03:29 PM »

In the absense of any other comments,  it would appear to me that fact the migration did not occur on the 12th of April would imply that TT did attempt to cancel the order.  However something appears to have gone wrong with their process and you have ended up with a tag on the line.  I don't think there is anything else TT can do atm.

Obviously, until the tag has been removed then you won't be able to migrate to another ISP. 
You could get Sky to attempt to remove it as they are your existing ISP, or alternatively it may be easier & quicker to get the new gaining ISP involved. 

If you manage to explain to them that there is a tag on the line which is stopping migration, you can give them authority to attempt to clear it on your behalf.   I can't recall the intricate details, but OFCOM was supposed to have put a new process in place so that a gaining ISP (ie NowTV) can request Openreach to clear the tag on your line.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Wilt

• adrianhardy.com
Re: Issue With Switching Provider
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 08:30:21 AM »

Thanks Kitz I will give it a go :)