Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: VMG(1312/8x24)-B10A in bridge mode - acquiring time settings (NTP)  (Read 895 times)

RTouris

Correct me if I'm wrong but upon setting my VMG8924-B10A in bridge mode it seems next to impossible making import time setting via the ntp settings...I've tried keeping the pool.ntp.org / time.nist.gov ones in slots 1 and 2 respectively, tried every single pre-assigned one, even input the IP addresses in case they don't resolve via the DNS servers (it being setup in bridge mode) to no avail.

Let it be noted that I'm using the modified f/w (AK24) for babyjumbo frames, multiple telnet sessions and the newer dsl_phy dsl code...

Any hints?

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
Re: VMG(1312/8x24)-B10A in bridge mode - acquiring time settings (NTP)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 06:09:14 PM »

You could try disabling the firewall on your bridged modem and see if that helps, if it doesn't set firewall to low.

The way I have done it on mine is having my WRT32X (OpenWRT) to not only run the NTP client but also a server and then set the NTP on the bridge modem to go to the WRT32X.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 06:17:20 PM by hacktrix2006 »

RTouris

Re: VMG(1312/8x24)-B10A in bridge mode - acquiring time settings (NTP)
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 06:31:49 PM »

Apparently there's a slew of topics on this, should've used the search function ;) ...however for the time being (ongoing read) I can't seem to find a solution not involving the supervisor pass (hadn't dove into this just yet) on a single cable setup (somehow this works on my setup - i.e. I can login to the modem it being on the WAN side without using a second cable and/or setting up an interface grouping rule)...

...will update when (if) I manage to set it up properly
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 08:13:50 PM by RTouris »