Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

Talk Talk ADSL LLU Service

(1/5) > >>

tiffy:
Next door neighbour is with Talk Talk, ADSL2 (likely +), LLU service, getting rubbish speeds, approx. 2 Mbps DS data speed, would like to try and find out exactly what's going on, suspect internal wiring is very much suspect.

I was achieving very close to 15 Mbps DS data speed (quite a long line) when on ADSL2+ with Plusnet before I migrated to VDSL2, we live in a low density area, mostly pensioners, no known external noise or contention issues.

They use the standard supplied TT modem/router which seems to be locked down, can't get DSLStats or RouterStats running, not sure exactly which router model TT supply, they did get a replacement about a year ago from TT..

I have a spare ZyXEL VMG1312-B10D and a Billion 8800NLr2 which are both DSLStats friendly, would like to temporarily deploy one of these and run DSLStats to get a better idea of what's going on, question being, will it just be a matter of setting up for ADSL2(+) service and entering ID & PW ?

hacktrix2006:
Depends how your going to setup the network with your equipment as a bridged modem or not.

If your not then yes it's a simple case of setting it up for an ADSL2+ LLU connection with the correct username and password. If your going bridge it's just a case of setting up the talk talk router to use pppoe ATM through wan.
But as I said it depends on how your going to set it up.

tiffy:
@hacktrix2006:

Thanks for the reply.

Would propose to temporarily replace the TT modem/router with one of my devices as a "one box" modem/router setup, would probably add a Raspberry Pi Zero W as I have a spare running DSLStats, I already run 2 remotely on my son and daughters lines, could then remotely monitor via VNC..

Was really just wondering if there were any pecularities regarding ID's and PW's on the TT system or restrictions on replacement modems/routers, will I be able to add ID & PW via the router CLI as per normal ? 

hacktrix2006:
As far as I know you just put in username and password. Settings should be

MTU 1432
VPI 0
VCI 38
PPPOA VC-MUX

Then your username and password.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

burakkucat:
Things have moved on a bit . . .

The username/password credentials can be anything/anything (that is anything other than null) and the MTU can be left at 1500. Everything else as hacktrix2006 has listed, above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version