Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: iOS Stats tool for ZyXEL-`Johnson Easy-Stats’ modems eg ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A  (Read 3944 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick

I have knocked up a very quick tool for iOS that pulls all stats from all of my modems. It produces a raw command-looking text output listing st the moment. Graphs: Burakkucat has a tool that can produce graphs from this kind of text file, and I should be able to adapt the output to match his format.

I will write an alternative version that puts out CSV file(s) for consumption by a spreadsheet. I already have a tool that reformats Broadcom-style CLI commands’ outputs into the right format for this.

I’m not sure what to do about all the modems. Split the output into separate files? Have it all in one file but in separate sections sequentially? Or merge the output (a bit of a fiddle) into records containing several fields, one from each modem, which is to allow comparison between modems?

Any suggestions?

In particular I would be interested in any suggestions about other tools handling multiple modems. That might all just be way too much hassle and might well not be worth doing anyway?

Existing tools that will not query multiple modems might have a problem about multiple instances being run up as multiple separate processes, because they might either see each other, detect each other, or share a single instance of config info or other settings or other shard resources that is at hard coded locations in the file system or registry.