Broadband Related > ISPs

FTTP ISP - 330Mb, static IPv4, IPv6 required

(1/10) > >>

niemand:
Folks,

Zen seem a no brainer for value and the criteria I have in the subject line. Any alternatives welcomed.

Weaver:
I recommend AA if you’re asking for alternatives. I used Zen at the same time as AA. Have vaguely heard good things about Uno and Idnet but don’t know anything about them.

re0:
I assume you want consumer (home) broadband?

I heard good things about IDNET, but their FTTP 330/50 is £120(!) per month, over double the cost of their 160/30 (£51.60). Plus activation charge of what I believe to be £60.

Zen may be the best value for money. Have not used them myself, but heard they are one of the better mainstream ISPs. Under the impression their FTTP 330/50 is £76 per month, plus £55 activation.

There's also Spectrum Internet which offers 330/50 for £49 per month for the first 6 months then £65.99 for the remaining 6 months of the contract, plus no activation fee. Unfortunately, not sure about their IPv6 support or whether IPv4 will be static - may be worth enquiring. Also been reading that their coverage is limited (apparently Wales and South West England), and I am not sure much of their reputation.

I would recommend A&A, but their prices can seem a bit eyewatering for most consumers considering quotas. It costs £100 to activate FTTP, plus the price for 2TB quota is £55 per month and is only 80/20. No 330/50 option available but they will sell you 160/30, which I imagine will be an extra £10 per month (like the cost difference between G.fast 160/30 and 160/50) - so £65/m for 160/30 with 2TB allowance, unless I am missing something.

niemand:

--- Quote from: Weaver on April 27, 2019, 03:09:04 PM ---I recommend AA if you’re asking for alternatives. I used Zen at the same time as AA. Have vaguely heard good things about Uno and Idnet but don’t know anything about them.

--- End quote ---

AA don't meet the criteria. No 330 option.

niemand:
IDNet pricing is absurd. To be honest FTTP at 330 and above is expensive, with the 500 and 1G variants being insane, however those aren't an issue as I'll be in an Openreach area with 330 and below available only.

Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version