Announcements > Site & Forum Discussion

Burrakucat vanished

(1/4) > >>

Weaver:
I was trying to send a PM to our very own Kuro Neko in the messages UI system if the site and I just got told repeatedly [PINK!]never heard of burrakucat!!

Is it case-sensitive? I thought there was an autocomplete system, but it did not seem to kick in. Basically everything just failed and I was told I had a message with no to: address. So I started again, this time the autocomplete did kick in and matched agains "Burrakucat" all lowercase. So I have no idea what I did but all good the second time round.

Has anyone else had anything odd happpen with the business of entering to: addresses for PMs?

roseway:
You spelt his name incorrectly - it's burakkucat - one R, two Ks, all lower case.

jelv:

--- Quote from: Weaver on April 25, 2019, 11:51:19 PM ---Has anyone else had anything odd happpen with the business of entering to: addresses for PMs?

--- End quote ---

Yes. And always because I forgot how they formatted their name. So I always go looking for them by other means such as finding their posts in topics I remembered they had participated in or previous PMs I've exchanged with them.

Some other methods:

There's a full list of members: https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?action=mlist As it's such a long list tricks are often needed to get to the right page. BUR comes just before C so click on the C and he's on the same page.

OR

From the first page of the members list click on the Position column heading to sort the list and as he's a Global Moderator, he's on the first page.

OR

On the members list there's a search for Search for Members tab. Enter just bur and he's the 9th entry in the results

OR

On the forum Home page scroll down looking at the Last Post column to see if he's made a recent post (looking now his name appears against two boards).

Weaver:
What am fool am I - I knew how to spell it. There’s no fuzzy-match autocomplete then?

What I suppose I must have done is stupidly entering a second r for who-knows-what reason and that then stopped any possible letter-by-letter incremental match from being effective. Does that sound plausible?

Weaver:
I tried following jelv’s link https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?action=mlist and I got a you don’t have permission error

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version