Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Virgin Media v G.Fast & Max  (Read 12793 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: Virgin Media v G.Fast & Max
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2019, 01:27:20 AM »

Here is my line stats as it still ongoing connected for nearly 60 days at max rate 80/20

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2019, 08:53:12 AM »

:)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2019, 09:05:13 AM »

Here is my fttc stats from HG612 modem logs  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2019, 09:12:21 AM »

Shush stop bragging :D  I'm jealous!

Once upon a time we had similar stats.  My line has been heavily hit by crosstalk and I'm down to ~64Mbps usually now.   It would probably be less if I didn't use the Zyxel.    I am however currently syncing at 67Mb as my neighbour is away and turned off their modem, so I took advantage to resync.   Being on an ECI I don't even have the benefit of g.inp and 'x'dB :/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2019, 09:27:15 AM »

Sorry to hear this kitz maybe g.fast coming to you soon. My area is speedy up with lot of cabinets are fitted with g.fast pods. But expecting go live this summer but who know? I have spoken to openreach via echat as Emma say my street cabinet to my telephone line is around 140m but how can they tell it as it so strange because gea test normally say within 248m away?

How is your daughter g.fast get on so far?

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2019, 03:06:50 PM »

But expecting go live this summer but who know?
Is that the reply you had via email or "echat"?
ISP: Gigaclear - Hyperfast 900 (up to 940 Mbps symmetrical)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2019, 05:09:56 PM »

Shush stop bragging :D  I'm jealous!

Once upon a time we had similar stats.  My line has been heavily hit by crosstalk and I'm down to ~64Mbps usually now.   It would probably be less if I didn't use the Zyxel.    I am however currently syncing at 67Mb as my neighbour is away and turned off their modem, so I took advantage to resync.   Being on an ECI I don't even have the benefit of g.inp and 'x'dB :/

wow, I remember when you was at 80 and it was for a quite a while, several months, maybe even more than a year, and you was down to high 70s when MDWS shut down, but now you in the 60s, that sucks :(

I think both of us would be 80 with xDB, its frustrating a solution is out there but it isnt implemented.

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2019, 05:47:39 PM »

I think both of us would be 80 with xDB, its frustrating a solution is out there but it isnt implemented.

I know its not what you want to hear but xDB is available on ECI cabs and it is entirely under your control. You just need a Draytek  modem and off you go. I have been running mine at a 4DB margin for months now, absolutely rock solid and a download gain of around 5 - 6 Mb. That is, of course on my line, yours may be better or worse!
ISP:A&A, FTTP 160/30, Router Fritzbox 7530

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2019, 05:53:36 PM »

Is that the reply you had via email or "echat"?

Emma say this July likely to be via echat and email from plusnet who has contact openreach on my behalf below

[attachment deleted by admin]

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2019, 06:30:19 PM »

No direct reply from OR yet?

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2019, 06:35:10 PM »

Not yet cos I know why it bank holiday monday just in case if you have forgotten it

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2019, 06:38:40 PM »

Perhaps it's the reason. :) We'll have to wait and see.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2019, 07:40:02 PM »

wow, I remember when you was at 80 and it was for a quite a while, several months, maybe even more than a year, and you was down to high 70s when MDWS shut down, but now you in the 60s, that sucks :(

I was syncing at 80Mb for > 4yrs.  As you say I think I was about 78 when DSLstats shut down in 2018 and could still get 80Mb on occasion if I sync'd before one of my disturbers.   The past year has been really unkind when it comes to crosstalk.   I'm guessing the cab must be nearly full.   There's a few cabs around here that have had Huawies added, but no sign of anything on mine.

I think I read an article once years ago which said that crosstalk could affect some lines by up to 50%.     
I wasn't first on my cab so don't know what the line would fully be capable of as I was happy with BE* and didn't get FTTC until they shut their doors..  but from memory it was ~110 Mbps attainable when I first went live.   
So that means I've lost ~45% of my line capacity purely down to crosstalk.  :( 
-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2019, 10:55:42 PM »

@Kitz I am very sorry to hear this. I wish u could live next door of mine closer to the cabinet pcp 8 just round the corner of few minute walk. I think u have to complaint to Openreach for very poor overall due to crosstalk effect lot of other users. My cabinet FTTC went live in February 2014 and now May 2019 as I was very very lucky as still on 80Mbps as my cabinet been on the waiting list four times from last year and this year due to crosstalk. The only drop I have due to crosstalk are 77Mbps then went back to 80Mbps within a few weeks later.

OR should roll out vectoring VDSL2 35b profile.

My parents went live at full max 80Mbps in February 2014 and last year to this year their line was badly went down to 57Mbps due to crosstalk but their cabinet are different to mine as their cabinet is pcp 9. About 500m away from the street cabinet to their house while mine is just 248m away. My parents have to consider to downgraded to 40/10 as 80/20 are no point now as their throughput speed are now at 51Mbps. And g.fast won't happen to my parents because of 500m away. No chance of g.fast for them.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 11:00:17 PM by adslmax »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2019, 12:02:50 AM »

I know its not what you want to hear but xDB is available on ECI cabs and it is entirely under your control. You just need a Draytek  modem and off you go. I have been running mine at a 4DB margin for months now, absolutely rock solid and a download gain of around 5 - 6 Mb. That is, of course on my line, yours may be better or worse!

I did consider draytek but I do value the broadcom monitoring, and could never find a cheap draytek unit, at same price level as zyxel stuff.

which model you recommend for a modem only configuration?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7