Computers & Hardware > Other Technologies & Hardware

UPS (again, groan :-( )

<< < (3/3)

Weaver:
@jelv wow, that would be a lot cheaper alternative because one of those replacement batteries is only £18 (VAT), mind you hate to think what the postage is

<rant>Since it is one of these racist [what-ist? anti-Gaidheal] companies that has a surcharge on posting to IV* as if this were the 1950s, and in any case just use Royal Mail. (I seriously think we need legislation to make this discrimination illegal. It’s a constant nightmare hassle. No one surcharges for crossing the Humber Bridge, posting to Kent or to Cornwall.) anyway, I wouldn’t be using them ever, on principle as well as practicalities of the cost. They just need to kick their racist delivery company into touch and have Royal Mail or anyone else as an alternative. The govt needs to put on a freight train to Kyle Station and to Mallaig station. Could do an extra car even, with extra engine if needed, and they could tack it on to the sleeper trains as well. Or have an extra train in the day, since there are so few. They could take tons of parcels for free that way and get lorries off the roads.<rant>

But I have no one to do the work of replacing it, so I am stuck wasting money. That one I linked to might be a larger capacity (runtime) than my old one, can’t tell and can’t remember the specs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version