Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FTTC extra info  (Read 6804 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: FTTC extra info
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 10:08:25 PM »

how are you guys getting this info?  BTw checker shows nothing for me like that.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 11:42:53 PM »

how are you guys getting this info?

In his opening post Max mentioned the following link --

I fetch these detail via this link: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/totl.input
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

dee.jay

• ISP Rep
  • Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 08:37:48 AM »

I assume you must be a PlusNet customer to access that then?

When I try, it asks me for a Email/Password.
Starlink and AAISP L2TP combo routed by opnSense on proxmox

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 08:51:37 AM »

I think we late to the game dee.jay, sorry for missing that on his first post.

Adslmax, I am on the standard profile as well, all it does is it reduces the thresholds required for DLM stability action to be taken when the line is unstable.  It has the same dlsam profiles available to it as the speed profile and I am indeed on fast path and unbanded (with standard profile), so dont panic.

If your line is bad enough that on standard DLM will take action, its probably also bad enough that at some point you would be DLM'd on speed as well anyway it just might take longer to hit a bad enough day thats all.

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 11:43:27 AM »

I assume you must be a PlusNet customer to access that then?

When I try, it asks me for a Email/Password.
No, nothing to do with your ISP.

-----
Part of post removed by Admin
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:21:13 PM by kitz »
ISP: Gigaclear - Hyperfast 900 (up to 940 Mbps symmetrical)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2019, 03:19:40 PM »

All I will say is there is a link that worked for a while but now it asks for a login. As max said in his post above

The link don't work anymore as it asked for login and password cos I got the link from someone over at ThinkBroadband Forum but I think MrSaffron might reported this to BT but I did notice BT warning below:

WARNING: You have accessed a system managed by BT. You are required to have authorisation from BT before you proceed and you are strictly limited to the use set out within that authorisation which is set out in the Broadband Availability Checker User Guide titled ADSL checker service provider usage document. Unauthorised access to or misuse of this system is prohibited and constitutes an offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. If you disclose any information obtained through this system without authority BT may take legal action against you. Only proceed if you are authorised to.
The information contained in the Broadband Availability Checker User Guide includes instructions which are contractual instructions pursuant to paragraph 3.2 (b) of the Conditions of BT Datastream and BT IPstream Service as applicable.

Those of us that were able to access were not previously given that warning, and in view of the circumstances I think it's best not to discuss further on this forum or encourage others to circumvent the Computer Misuse Act.

Thanks for your understanding. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

dee.jay

• ISP Rep
  • Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2019, 09:50:16 AM »

All I will say is there is a link that worked for a while but now it asks for a login. As max said in his post above

Those of us that were able to access were not previously given that warning, and in view of the circumstances I think it's best not to discuss further on this forum or encourage others to circumvent the Computer Misuse Act.

Thanks for your understanding.

Agreed, very sensible.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2019, 10:00:22 AM »

Doesn't reflect well on BT securing their websites correctly!
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2019, 11:51:50 AM »

Computer Misuse Act mean penalty for breaking the law was changed to 14 years imprisonment, a large fine, or both depending on the severity of the offence.  :no: :o

dee.jay

• ISP Rep
  • Reg Member
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2019, 01:13:04 PM »

I wouldn't panic about accessing it. There was no warning before, so you cannot be charged for committing any crime under the Computer Misuse Act.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2019, 01:15:07 PM »

It's doesn't work now as it ask for login / password etc. Yeah you are right as there is no warning before as the warning only appear if you log out.

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2019, 07:45:17 PM »

Special punishment for max. Instead of up to 14 years, his line will never sync at 80 Mbps again and no FTTP by 2033.
ISP: Gigaclear - Hyperfast 900 (up to 940 Mbps symmetrical)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2019, 01:31:43 AM »

Note

Because it had been brought to my attention that using that "Unauthorised access to or misuse of this system is prohibited and constitutes an offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990" etc.  I'd already said I think it's best not to discuss further on this forum or encourage others to circumvent the Computer Misuse Act. 

Bear in mind that there may well be an audit trail either of the IP addresses from where the system was logged in and the phone numbers accessed. 

I agree that it is doubtful that they would take action against those of us who did access it without warning.   
However, once it had been made aware that to me that unauthorised use is prohibited, then it would be negligent to allow the conversation to continue on the forum which could be construed as encouraging others to use it.    I did ask nicely, but because I've now had to remove a post,  it's probably best that I lock the topic.

Cheers.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]

anything