Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Crossed Line or plusnet billing issue?  (Read 1281 times)

snadge

• Kitizen
Crossed Line or plusnet billing issue?
« on: April 24, 2019, 08:42:44 PM »

Hi everyone

Had a bit of a shock today when I saw plusnet took £66 from my bank this month (supposed to be £33) and having checked with PN they say there are £33 worth of call charges the previous month when I dont even have a house phone connected??, they said it may be a crossed line and they will send an engineer out too check, yesterday my router rebooted and when it came back on INP and Interleaving were back on and the SNRM was dipped to 5db, ive noticed since then that about 5-10% of my traffic is being corrected by RS-FEC when its typically much less than 1%..

Another strange thing, I checked my itemised bills and there are ZERO call charges for any month??... looking at the forum it seems they have a problem with the new billing system that was introduced late last year, my bill has been incorrect every month ever since upgrading to 80MB in December, I even got a bar of chocolate with "SORRY" wrote on one side and "THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE WHILE WE RESOLVE YOUR BILLING ISSUE" on the other side... I got this about 5 weeks ago, im chasing them every month.

Do crossed lines have this effect? I would have thought that on a crossed line the broadband wouldn't work at all..?

thanks in advance
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

johnson

• Reg Member
Re: Crossed Line or plusnet billing issue?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 08:52:27 PM »

From what I have read PNs billing is a total mess, I hope you get it sorted. Will leave it to those more knowledgeable to offer advice.

Sorry for off topic, but I'm glad you are back and (I hope) feeling better.  :)

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 09:27:39 PM »

If plusnet use the same backhaul carrier as the line you are crossed with, the broadband would still work.

For example, Zen and AAISP and Utility Warehouse all use TalkTalk for backhaul, and if your line was crossed with one of those and you were a TalkTalk customer you would not notice until you saw the call charges.

Have you dialled 17070 to get your phone number repeated back to you?

Has Plusnet take two direct debit charges of £33 at once?

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 09:33:09 PM »

As above, my first thoughts are they have billed for 2 months. It's a bit of a coincidence that the call charges are exactly the same as a months bill.

Have you dialled 17070 to get your phone number repeated back to you?

Try this ^^^

Just for balance I'll add that my bill every month with Plusnet has been correct and taken on time via direct debit.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 09:34:31 PM »

bills have been fine until my upgrade in December, its one lot of £66, i noticed it was double what im supposed to pay, I will get the phone out and try 17070
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 11:02:43 PM »

Regarding a "crossed line".

If the problem originates somewhere "northwards" of the cabinet based DSLAM then there will be no effect on the broadband service. Only if the "crossing" has occurred in the D-side (from the cabinet to Snadge's abode) would the broadband service be disrupted, along with the telephony service.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 11:56:15 PM »

That said, the fact the actual bills do not mention any calls suggests this is NOT a crossed line.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Iain

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 12:08:06 AM »

Not to mention all of the other billing issues that PN have been having for the last 6 or so months.

You have a response from a PN staffer, I am sre they will get things sorted for you - it may take some time though!