Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thursday Chat  (Read 3611 times)

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Thursday Chat
« on: June 19, 2008, 07:43:31 AM »

Good morning everyone, well it's windy and cold (the weather not me  :lol:) but the sun is trying to shine...so not sure what we will get later today but as I'm not going out, personally I don't mind.  Hope it's good where you are though especially if you're out and about.

@accordian... awww hope the pain is much less today, can't think of much worse... tho don't mention dentists to me... arrrghh... I'm the original coward!

Have a good day everyone, hope Ezzer doesn't have too many probs with his H & S cones... gee what next from this lot, can see somethings are needed but not all they dish out in the name of H & safety.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Thursday Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 08:05:27 AM »

Mornin Chrissie/all,sunny and breezy here at the moment,not much planned today.Hope Accordian is pain free today,you're right Chrissie not much worse than toothache.Got the countdown calendar set on the desktop for holidays,only 10 more days,talk about wishing your life away. :D
@ Ezzer,keep lifting and shifting. :D
Whatever you're doing have a great day  :)

Edit,still no sign of the 'boss' lady.  :(

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 08:54:41 AM »

Rest assured, the 'boss' lady is fine and well, and is having PC probs. Prior to that she was in hiding, trying to work on some site content, and some real life stuff too, etc!! Then the PC problem struck, so she's been offline forum-wise for a lot longer than she anticipated.

Health and Safety - don't get me started about that. Our resident health and safety guy came round the other day to gleefully tell us that we weren't allowed to use trailing sockets (4-way extensions), and that we should have enough plug sockets installed to meet the requirements of the equipment we're using. We pointed out that we figured that given the office was a no-go area for students, that a £3.99 extension lead was preferable to about 10 extra sockets installed at astronomical rates by a sparky.

It's a new office, too - how were we meant to know before we moved in there EXACTLY how many sockets we required??! Health and Safety - they take note of the easy things to make it obvious they're doing something, but they ignore some of the worst issues - my office for the last 4 years had paint flaking from the ceiling and the roof sprung a leak a couple of times, but was that ever even acknowledged? I'll leave you to guess the answer!!

UB - where's your holiday gonna be? At a guess you'll be going over to Honkers to see your lad? But I might be wrong :)

Have a good day everybody - I've just realised I'm late for work now - must have misread the time when I sat down. Oops  ???
Chris

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 09:10:12 AM »

@ Mr Chris,no we won't be going to 'Honkers'  :D.Can't afford it at present,plus we couldn't/wouldn't leave Blue.He has always come with us wherever we go.Never ever thought about putting him in th 'K' word.We are going with our tent to Kessingland in Suffolk for about 10 days.We have been before and like the Suffolk and Norfolk area.My son will be back at Christmas.At the moment they are moving into a bigger/better apartment.I miss him so much,he is my only child,but they have their lives to lead and life goes on.Getting a bit emotional now so....................

Edit,Glad Kitz is ok  :)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 10:34:32 AM »

Blowing a gale here today, squally rain and a bit nippy.

Know how you feel, unkyUb............last Sunday was the first anniversary of the passing away of my wife of sixty two years.
All my children, grandchildren and my wee great grandson all live abroad and I so miss them all.

Coming onto a site like this and posting drivel in the games section is and has been a source of comfort to me.

Nothing special on the agenda today, will take a walk over the brae and see how the corncrakes are doing, and also a quick look at the barn owl nest that I spotted yesterday high up in the old castle ruins.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 11:11:36 AM »

:hug: :hug: for Uncy and TD, must be heartbreaking not to have your family near, I know how I'd feel and would be devastated if my only child lived abroad.

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 11:25:58 AM »

Chrissie, until a couple of months ago, I had my webcam set up and could chat to and see all the nippers. Great  ;D

Since I had to replace my mobo/processor etc., I cannot for the life of me get that webcam to function so for the period, chat has been cut off.
One of these days I will sort out whatever is wrong and will be able to see them again. Real live pics. are so much better that photos.

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 12:43:58 PM »

tell you what tufty .... start a webcam thread and we'll sort it for you  :)
Paul

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 01:08:45 PM »

Thanks uncle, Lift & shift ! this morling, oh god not again.............fed up with lift & shifts. :-\ but not as much as the row caused in this exchange caused by the air compressor and the cooling fans for the adsl equipment. When you'r on the phone it's like that Dom Jolly character

HELLO.....I'M THE LIBRARY TELEPHONE EXCHANGE.....WHAT ?

At least the weather is good again. Kessingland is a good area, used to know a nice Girl that way (Ezzer drifts off with memories  :))

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 02:47:44 PM »

Very windy but sunny here, rain forcast for tomorrow.

Cones with squashy bottoms, whatever next.

This is for everyone who needs one.

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 06:02:08 PM »

Hope Mr Tufted is ok, think he was feeling a bit down, not posted in games forum which is most unusual.
Are you out there, knock once for yes and twice for no. (the penny didn't drop on that with me for some time - doh)

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 07:32:12 PM »

Hullo, yorkie, still here but ta for asking.

Just done the round of the games thing.

Was devastated by my performance today in the Foramites Challenge  :'(..........will have to swot up on this pop music stuff  ::)

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 07:34:42 PM »

TDF,
Post a thread in the PC Hardware Forum with a few details about your webcam and OS and what, if any, error messages you are getting.
Let's get to grips with it so that we can put you back in the picture.
If it needs a new cam, they are so cheap nowadays.
dave

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 03:08:11 PM »

Thank you pwiggler and dave.m for your kind offers of help on the subject of my webcam.

Having tried all remedies in the book and having had a third party look at things , I  believe that my cam is defunct.
Have ordered a new one, same make and model as the old so hopefuly will be able to plug it in and have it recognise and be recognised by the existing software setup.
Will let you know how it goes, whenever that may be.............delivery promised for Monday.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 03:23:32 PM by tuftedduck »

J.Man

• Reg Member
  • When PC's couldnt get any worse there came Vista
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 08:53:23 PM »

Can I ask one question how do you guys wake up soo early. I always wake up when the sun shines into my eyes which may take a while or when my neighbour comes to complain my music is too loud despite the fact that there is no music.  :(
Pages: [1] 2