Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: SKY Q HUB IN MODEM MODE?  (Read 3219 times)

benji09

• Reg Member
SKY Q HUB IN MODEM MODE?
« on: April 10, 2019, 08:58:30 PM »

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to put the SKY Q HUB into modem mode ?  Will setting a static I/P address up on the Sky Hub to my following Netgear router, and turning off DHCP do the trick ?

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
Re: SKY Q HUB IN MODEM MODE?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 09:37:09 PM »

Sky routers dont support modem mode. You need to get a vdsl  modem and your router needs to support option 61 if you want to run your own modem /router solution

benji09

• Reg Member
Re: SKY Q HUB IN MODEM MODE?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 09:44:51 PM »

Thank you for your reply. I have in fact tried a TP Link router instead of the original Sky one, as recently I have been having broadband problems. Sky and BT have been trying hard to sort the problems out for me. My broadband is provided via FTTC, and up to now has been working very well. As part of the fault finding process, they sent me the new Sky Q Hub, and my speed is going up. But the Sky router is a little restricting for my needs. My following Netgear cable type router does everything that I want. On earlier routers I have owned, I have been able to link them without any problems, providing I started them up in sequence. Unfortunately, my new routers seem to be too clever to allow me to do this. Unless I put the Netgear router into access point mode, and then I lose some of the wanted facilities...........