Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FTTC Question  (Read 1087 times)

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
FTTC Question
« on: April 09, 2019, 05:25:24 PM »

So, at last decided to place my Fibre order now that its showing decent speeds of upto 40mb with a hand back of 20mb, after a new cab which is CAB25 was placed halfway in line length to what i was when connect to CAB17, before ordering i checked the ADSL checker and indeed it was showing i was able to order.

Now i have checked again and its showing 31-May-19 with the Fibre When and Where showing the following

We're performing our final quality checks and making sure everything is ready for your fibre order.

Is this normal? As checking my neighbours number is still showing available.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: FTTC Question
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 11:43:50 PM »

It's both a little bit odd and a little bit normal. A network rearrangement -- which is/has taken place for you and your neighbours lines -- can also result in a period when the various databases diverge from the actual facts.

Don't be too concerned, at the moment.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

hacktrix2006

• Reg Member
    • xDSL Stats:
Re: FTTC Question
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 03:00:45 AM »

Thanks for the reply, just eager to to start using a decent
Internet connection, any advise/tips for my zyxel vmg1312-b10a modem as it's a Huawei Cab I will be connected to which is broad on based if I remember.

That coupled with line history of faults I want to get the best I can out of the line whilst keeping DLM at bay at best.

Guess I am also on a new learning curve for fault finding now too, as VDSL is slightly different to ADSL in terms of how thing connect and work.

Once again thanks for your response.

Edit: ISP just contacted me and told me the order has been rejected and that its showing RED, guess they did a test or something and found it to be having issues or the fibre is not installed yet to cab and the checker database was totally screwy.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 03:53:47 PM by hacktrix2006 »